The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my stunnah!

carl0s

I've finally taken some pictures of my baby! Freshly washed :-)

http://www.css-networks.com/3quartfront.jpg

No comment on the Granada!

http://www.css-networks.com/rust.jpg

Notice the rust? Should I fix it now before it gets bad?

Originally posted by Supragal

Very nice mate. Another Storm blue...

yeah I don't understand how *anybody* can say that Storm Blue is a rare colour (some seem to think so). There's quite a few UK ones about. Probably not as many as there are Red & Whites though

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Looks very nice.. did you try and get arty on us in pic #2? ;)

hehehe ;-) I was thinking .. fuck me that's a great photo :-) Completely unintentional.. I had to put the camera into macro mode as it was a closeup, which is why the bg is blurred, and the flash did a nice job of lighting up the indicator :-)

how to hell am I gonna fix the rust though?

Originally posted by carl0s

how to hell am I gonna fix the rust though?

just thinking about some of the cars i've owned in the past, its hardly terminal rust like the wing's about to fall off or something!

I'd just clean it up ie remove all traces of rust (it will only be the lightest of surface rust) and then just a spot of touchup paint.

Nice car BTW:)

Carlos,

Where did you buy this one from???

Reason I ask is I did a car quote on this exact one( I know as the number plate is the same see attached pic I have ) last august time and when I did the quote for the car I think it was from a dealership in Chelmsford, about 15 mins from me, so Its a fair few miles away now!

From what I can remember it was an auto with very low mileage, looks nice!

Tom.

ukspec.jpg

Hi Tom. We bought it from a chef called John in Norwich. It'd done 59k miles when we bought it.

small world eh ;)

I looked at a similar one advertised on here by a member for an ex-member (Ray Gee), but that was in rather poor condition for a supposed 82,000 miles (drivers seat was shagged), and he wouldn't allow Chris Wilson to look it over. Plus he wouldn't go below £10k. This one was advertised at £11K and we got it for £9,750

Hi Tom. We bought it from a chef called John in Norwich. It'd done 59k miles when we bought it.

small world eh ;)

I looked at a similar one advertised on here by a member for an ex-member (Ray Gee), but that was in rather poor condition for a supposed 82,000 miles (drivers seat was shagged), and he wouldn't allow Chris Wilson to look it over. Plus he wouldn't go below £10k. This one was advertised at £11K and we got it for £9,750

Nice work!, Hope your enjoying the beast, it looks like a real good example!

thanks. It was quite an eye-opener. I was on Autotrader website like every evening for over a year, but never looking at anything over £10,000 (that was my budget). All it took was someone skilled at bargaining (not moi) and the scope was increased :-)

Looks like a nice car Carlos, hope you enjoy it!!!

BTW your front light glass is coming a little unsealed round the edge by the looks of things. Quite easy to pull apart and reseal, thought id mention it.

As scooter said, little clean up and a spot of touch up on the rust just to keep covered. Hardly seems worth and major spray work for that teeny area.

Originally posted by ad500

BTW your front light glass is coming a little unsealed round the edge by the looks of things. Quite easy to pull apart and reseal, thought id mention it.

thanks mate. I have planned to take them apart to clear some condensation from the inside.. so I'll get this done when I feed a bit energetic :-)

Do you know if the reflectors are cheap? They're chrome-painted plastic from what I can see, but the chrome painting is vanishing from the outer rings (either that or it has a fungal growth on it).

yeah the rust thing will be easy I hope. Thanks scooter!

Do you know if the reflectors are cheap? They're chrome-painted plastic from what I can see, but the chrome painting is vanishing from the outer rings (either that or it has a fungal growth on it).

Are you referring to the little chrome rings around each light inside the headlanp?

Dont quote me on this, but im sure i read somewhere that the rings are not removable, which is why when people spray the inside of the light they have to tape the rings up to avoid overspray.

Maybe someone will be able to confirm this?

Ok, just found this which is a quote from the "headlight spraying" article by Branners.

If you want to spray the reflector part of the headlamp then you need to mask of the 2 'chrome' rings, they are not removable and the only way to keep them is to carefully mask them

Removing them to replace with new rings doesnt seem possible.