The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Install

michel lane

To all you people wanting to go single out there and want to tackle it yourself , my honest opion "YOU ARE F*CKING STUPIED ", i tried this myself with my brother help and it has taken about 7 hours to do , The twins are most most difficult items i have taken of the car .... unless you have :

RAMPS - TO GET THE CAR UP IN THE AIR

PROPER SET OF SOCKETS AND RENCHES -COST ME ALMOST £120 FOR THE TOOLS -THESE ARE GOOD ONES NOT YOUR LOCAL DIY CAR SHOP TYPE .

INDOOR FASCILITY

PATIENTS

THINK SKIN- YOU END UP TAKING ABOUT 3 INCHES OFF !!!!!

STILL DONT TRY IT !!!! LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS !!!!!!! I WISH I JUST GAVE IT TO SOME GARAGE TO DO .

just my opion on this subject !!:D

Originally posted by Geezabloke

Yeah Yeah.just like my car was done in a fortnight.......:D

Yeah but i havent got time to have it in the w.shop , seriously im starting on the Sat morning and the car will drive out on the Monday . Single /Cams /V.Springs/Fuel system and gearbox !!!

Dude :flame Dev

Originally posted by michel lane

its not the install of the turbo thats the problem its the de-install of the TWINS which is the real problem !!!!!!. i have now got only 9 fingers , the other one is on the Twin manifold

So if I said I swapped my twins without removing the downpipe OR the elephant-leg....? :D

Agreed, they are a nightmare, but considering I did the above and next time I'll be taking the exhaust stuff off first, I think it'll seem a lot easier :thumbs:

-Ian