The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where To Buy Grooved Brake Discs?

Holden1989

Stick with OEM discs kayla/Rob.

Local Toyota should be able to supply in 2-3 days maximum, but price will be higher. You could also try Chris Wilson or Whifbitz as they seem to be have good prices and stock.

Failing that call Steve Manley at Toyota in Oxford. The prices do vary a fair bit so call those and see what you can get :)

DO NOT buy from ebay, they will be pattern parts.

Pretty much decided on the CW road pads,

I guess that would depend on what brakes you have. I could (probably am) be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere saying that CW doesn't currently have any UK brake pads and wasn't looking at doing another batch for sometime :search:

Cheers guys will make a few calls tomorow, the CW pads would be the 'fast road pads' not sure if these are the same as the mentioned uk's? we were recommended him a few months back so hopefully he might have some in stock :search:

Will give the local toyota dealership a call tomorow re the discs, thought best not buy of Ebay :)

Cheers guys will make a few calls tomorow, the CW pads would be the 'fast road pads' not sure if these are the same as the mentioned uk's? we were recommended him a few months back so hopefully he might have some in stock :search:

Will give the local toyota dealership a call tomorow re the discs, thought best not buy of Ebay :)

When I say UK, I mean 4 pot fronts, 2 pot rears, ie the larger OEM brakes. You're correct regarding the 'fast road pads' though :)

Kayla/Rob, you're looking for the CW Fast road pads, or race, but race are not recommended with the wheels you have (unless you want to clean them after every drive)

You need the "non-UK" ones for your car.

The front discs are warped so good to know you are fixing those. It was VERY noticable when I drove it last month!!

Kayla/Rob, you're looking for the CW Fast road pads, or race, but race are not recommended with the wheels you have (unless you want to clean them after every drive)

You need the "non-UK" ones for your car.

The front discs are warped so good to know you are fixing those. It was VERY noticable when I drove it last month!!

even worse now, the pads are sticking, so I (kayla) wants it sorted asap :)

so the chris wison fast road pads will fit on the OEM discs with no problems?

Thanks

even worse now, the pads are sticking, so I (kayla) wants it sorted asap :)

so the chris wison fast road pads will fit on the OEM discs with no problems?

Thanks

If they are sticking on it'll be a caliper issue :( Probably through lack of use! The car needs to be used now and again to stop the sliders from freezing up.

Speak to Colin or Sam if you are going to the toyota at Houndsmills.

Will do ta :thumbs:

If they are sticking on it'll be a caliper issue :( Probably through lack of use! The car needs to be used now and again to stop the sliders from freezing up.

Just need to fix a few mechanical issues like brakes and suspension then hopefully itl get used more often (well i bloody hope so) :D

Give him a call, he won't bite you know. :)

Will give him and paul whiffin a call tomorow, get a few quotes, i can see this getting expensive :(