The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help me buy a supra!!

a98pmalcolm

hay guys im new to the supra world and i need to get one fast coz im car less. Heres what im after

I Dont want to spend more than £12k

Twin turbo

Manual

All the extras, i.e: AC, Climate control etc...

Id rather not have silver or white...so blue, yellow, gun metal grey etc.. will be good.

no more than 50k (miles) on the clock

It would be great for front mount cooler, HKS BOV, uprated filter etc..

Just a nice tidy example of a clean supra were i can get a few years on trouble free motoring

But on the bonus side sumin that is different, unique! i.e: nice tidy one off body kit.

So i will leave it in your hands, i have the money ready and waiting for the rite car! Sadly today i was teriably dissopointed in the yellow one i looked at today. so help me out :)

I will be looking aswell!

e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks so much for all your time

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

If I had that sort of cash to spend on a Supra, I'd import my own through Jurgen on here.

Absolutely :thumbs:

There are some nice spec ones available here too, but with the mileage demand it will be VERY difficult to find a genuine one in the UK.

yer that nice.... but its a single turbo i want a twin, and how reliable will it be with all that work?

thanks for all the responses guys!

Paul

I was only kidding really, not the ideal first Supra, mind you I started with a single and that is where it started :D, they are so addictive and very hard to go back after, I have ended up with BPU and feel that is the best compromise :)

yer that nice.... but its a single turbo i want a twin, and how reliable will it be with all that work?

thanks for all the responses guys!

Paul

Not sure if you understand what a singled Mkiv is about, but it means the TT setup has been replaced with a larger single turbo. They are FAR more powerful, for many it's considered the ultimate power upgrade for the supra. The difference between NA and uprated TT is about the same between an uprated TT and a properly setup single.

Jazzy's one is absolutely superb, it was build by Ryan.G :) I do not think you'd get it for £12k though!

there is a general lack of availability at the top end of the market right now...........imports are a lot more expensive now the pound is so poor to the yen and private sales or dealer resales of cars already here seem very few and far between.

There is a nice gun metal manual facelift in Southampton, I won a set of 17's on ebay from the dealer and had a cursory look round it when i went to pick them up. Looked ok and the price is now down to £8,995. It has some nice mods and the white wheels may not appeal but are very good/expensive/sought after so you could sell/swap/change easily.

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

its hard i cant beleive i have the money and i cant find the rite car im having words with Jurgen tomoro.

Money is rarely the issue when looking for a very good car. It takes a lot of searching and time.

In the mean time you could always spend it on grammar lessons :p :D

Thanks for the grammar point, i wasnt aiming to impress anyone with the correct english... just asking for help :S i know your only having a laugh....

I agree regarding the money issue. Just a mission getting to work etc.. The rite car will take time, but i'v been looking for over a month! but all good things come to those who wait hay!

Thanks

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)