The mkiv Supra Owners Club

West Moors Motor Company

Guest Nollaig110

Guest Nollaig110

Hi i have just seen a nice RZ-S Gun,etal Grey manual. Company based in southhampton. West Moors Motors. Does any one know anything about this dealer. They tell me that the clocks were changed to TRD clocks. The reading on the odo is now 22k. For a 1996 car that sounds low.

Would be grateful for any feedback

Cheers

They're not based in Southampton, that's 30 miles away from where the place is, it's just where the cars arrive.

Went and had a look round two of their lots a while ago. Not really impressed. Locally they seemed to get a bad rep for a while. Their Christchurch lot is about 5 minutes walk from me.

Speak to Jurgen I'd say.

Would be grateful for any feedback

I won some stock alloys on ebay from them, picked them up on a sat morning......main man was out but no probs from the one guy there.

I actually had a gander at the car you are talking about, its been there a while now but 'looked' nice and clean? A few bits and bobs on the dash but not butchered........

Lots of EVO's and a few 350Z's could be worth investigating other forums as they are not a regular Supra 'name'

For a 'near a port/straight from jap auction' setup it didn't seem bad at all...........

Hi mate. I got my Supra from them about 4/5 years ago. When I test drove the Supra the warning light kept coming on, They said it was just because it had been sitting there for a while without being started and would be all sorted if I wanted it. When i went to pick her up a week later it was fine untill i went over 50mph and the warning and engine light come on turns out it was because the active spoiler had been taken out, If they knew anything about them im sure they would have picked that up. I also noticed they had swaped the cd player for a tape player when I was halfway home :(

The next bit was my fault but still, I only noticed when I got her home the tyres were in bad nick and the brakes were metal against metal, But fair play to them they payed for new pads.

Not to sure on the rep tho, I wouldn't be to worried about buying from them.

Good lucky matey.

Guest SupraTroopa

I went to have a look at this car and i was a bit worried that i seemed to know more about the car than them.

The fact that it wouldnt start and they admitted 'taking bits off of it to fix another one' didnt seem too reassuring either.

Perhaps this topic should be moved to members only to avoid problems the forum have had with other companies?

This car has been around for a while see here:-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=165405

at the time I did some checking as 5 dealers were all advertising the same car! Direct Imports are the true importer and West Moors are a dealer used to retail their imports. When first advertised they were asking £12995 now months later its down to £8995. with 18K recorded mileage and Recaros, Carbon wheel etc should be worth a punt maybe?

West Moors Motor Co are about 4 miles from where I live.

I have been to their place on the lookout for some Supra bits.

They look as though..If it has wheels they would import it!

I wouldn,t buy a car off them.

Best of luck if you do!