The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black on black?

Duffman

Looking to get my Wheelmania Vortex Evo's refurbished as the corrosion on the lip really is getting bad now as can be seen in the pics

Thinking of going with the black centres with the polished lip...think I will paint the centre cap black also. What's your opinions on this?

Anyone know of a reputable wheel refurbishers in Scotland? Have contacted Wicked Wheels and they never got back to me TWICE.

Note: 1st pic is from a while ago when I got the wheels...the pics after that are from a couple of months ago and they are even worse now :(

DSC00052.JPG

Near side rear (worst).JPG

Near side rear (worst)..JPG

Off side front.JPG

there the same condition as mine, absolutely terrible resiliance, mine have only done 400 miles and sat in a garage on me car for a yr, had a right rant at WM and got a discount on tyres lol, i to was considering getting them done black, but was told powdercaoting would be an issue, with keepin the lip polished, and i wouldnt have them painted, im keeping mine standard and having the laquer removed and lip polished

I've got a contact that i met in the pub. He was just starting up a wheel business. I have no idea of his reputation but you could be the guinea pig if you like?

You can be asured he will be damn cheap. The quality may be questionable though. I have about 6 spare wheels in my garage if you want to hand him one of those first to see how he does ;)

I've got a contact that i met in the pub. He was just starting up a wheel business. I have no idea of his reputation but you could be the guinea pig if you like?

You can be asured he will be damn cheap. The quality may be questionable though. I have about 6 spare wheels in my garage if you want to hand him one of those first to see how he does ;)

Where is the guy from? Could you pass me his number mate?

Oh $hit, I can't believe how bad they have got sorry Sean.

If I were you I'd get them completly black including the lip rather then just the

center though. Your choice but maybe get some photoshops done first & see

what you think

No worries you weren't to know they'd get this bad

How exactly do I get some photoshops done?

• 1 month later...
Here's some old pics of my wheelmania's in black with chrome lip ! i just like the contrast and just added a TRD half carbon spoiler aswell , just to blend more black in the car .

Did you get them refurbished like that or is that the original colour?