The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bird cr@p

bigbloodyturbo

I need some advice on removing some circular scratches from my bonnet. I spent saturday night in Perth and when I drove home on Sunday a bloody big seagull took the biggest dump ever on my bonnet. I only lived 20 miles away so I left it untill I got home. Even after applying warm water and car shampoo to it it still managed to put big circular scores in the paintwork.

I know everyone says don't use T-cut but I don't know what else to do with it. Is there a product I can use at home or should I take it to a professional?

I'd get a pro to have a look, dependant on how bad the scratches are you'll need at least a cutting compound and even better with an electric mop.

If its laquered use G3 cutting paste and if its not good old t cut, youll need to do the whole bonnet though.

If the scatches are deeper then youll need fine wet and dry paper and block the bonnet but you have to be carefull that you dont go through the laquer or base coat.

Can you post a decent pic

Forget my last comment lol

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I'd get a pro to have a look, dependant on how bad the scratches are you'll need at least a cutting compound and even better with an electric mop.

If its laquered use G3 cutting paste and if its not good old t cut, youll need to do the whole bonnet though.

If the scatches are deeper then youll need fine wet and dry paper and block the bonnet but you have to be carefull that you dont go through the laquer or base coat.

Can you post a decent pic

Forget my last comment lol

The bonnet is just a stock bonnet, I just assumed it was laquered, is this incorrect?

I reckon it sat down on the bonnet as it did it :p

:D

Those circular score marks wouldnt have been made by the crap though.

Did you use a dirty sponge or something to get it off? Only asking as i once turned up at a friends house and saw him removing Gumball stickers from his scooby with a brillo pad!! One of those moments where time briefly stands still :D

Pro detailer it is then. I had played with the idea of doing it myself but I think its probably one of those things that looks easy but is actually easy to muck up.

As for the contents of the dump, it was very very sandy. I dont know what possesed me to try washing it off, the heat from the bonnet had baked it on.

That looks pretty bad mate...nothing a bit of compound and a mop won't sort out though.

I came out the girls house a few weeks back and some bas*ards had fired an egg right off my bonnet, cutting right through the paint...don't think theres much I can do as it's right through the paint :(

As for the contents of the dump, it was very very sandy. I dont know what possesed me to try washing it off, the heat from the bonnet had baked it on.

that it explains it then :(

A seagull left a sandy crap on my head once, I wasn't best pleased as i'd only just sat down on the beach, I hate seagulls! :p

:D

Those circular score marks wouldnt have been made by the crap though.

Did you use a dirty sponge or something to get it off? Only asking as i once turned up at a friends house and saw him removing Gumball stickers from his scooby with a brillo pad!! One of those moments where time briefly stands still :D

I took a microfibre cloth and lots of car shampoo in a bucket or hot water. After hosing it i gently started wiping it away, before I knew what I was doing I had rubbed it in a circular motion, I knew then what i'd done and felt like a pr!c.

my mums car always gets a good coating of crap where she leaves it at work so I normally leave a warm soaked wash mitt on the crap for a good ten minutes and almost everytime I can rinse off, if it doesnt then i'll just repeat till they do come off, it's so easy to mark the paint when they are solid.