The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modify or Stock (This will be fun!)

Pudsey

I own a completely Factory Standard J-Spec JZA 80 -GTE its in Super White 2 and the Model is a RZ-S VVTI TT 1998.

I love the shape of the car one of the main reasons for buying it, and of course always being a modifier myself the tuning potential held within the standard base.

It seems to me that many people prefer the 'Standard Car' that hasn't been changed in any way, some exceptions of course but that's just personal taste and the ned to stand out from the crowd.

I personally have always strived to own something no body else has hence rare cars in the past, but just thought this was worth a post to gather peoples views on the subject!

Hope this doesn't start a Supra World War, but I am expecting some flavourable views ...........> :D

why dont you add a poll (dont ask me how, i dont know this one :D)

but, for what its worth - STOCK!!!!!!

.............................................................................................................................................

A poll would be the way forward for sure great idea that, I will have to try and find out how to produce one.......unless anyone else can beat me to it wink wink please!

I prefer stock look but the wheels have to be changed for me! Dont mind oem skirts and spats though , if i was thinking about aftermarket body parts i'd go for a trial rear do luck or bomex front (but would have the actice front bumper over these 2 anyday!) and bomex sides!

I have to say i love my bomex front and not sure i would change it, but would change skirts and rear!

I think alot of people on here if they keep it stock then a splitter looks good, gives it an extra little edge without bieng it your face!

You will defo get mixed opinions on here so don't expect this lot to make up your mind lol

Have you got an idea of what you like?:D

So many people have added aftermarket body parts , when you actually see a supra ( Which is rare other than seeing your own each day!) 9 times out of 10 they've always got aome sort of AM body parts on them! Its rare now to see a supra in stock form! (Well at least around my neck of the woods anyway!

I have to say i love my bomex front and not sure i would change it, but would change skirts and rear!

I think alot of people on here if they keep it stock then a splitter looks good, gives it an extra little edge without bieng it your face!

You will defo get mixed opinions on here so don't expect this lot to make up your mind lol

Have you got an idea of what you like?:D

..................................................................................................................

I'm my own man when it comes to taste and the line I follow...........>

I was just interested in gathering what the general concensus was, as I got the impression most people prefered 'Standard cars'.

So thought it would be worth a shout to gather some opinions.

Individuality is the key to a good life certainly makes for a more interesting existance in any case don't you think ha.

Hope your having a good weekend (All).

So many people have added aftermarket body parts , when you actually see a supra ( Which is rare other than seeing your own each day!) 9 times out of 10 they've always got aome sort of AM body parts on them! Its rare now to see a supra in stock form! (Well at least around my neck of the woods anyway!

................................................................................................................................................................................

The 'Devil' makes work for idle hands springs to mind [GRIN][/GRIN]

You got a lot of Supra's around your way?

..................................................................................................................

I'm my own man when it comes to taste and the line I follow...........>

I was just interested in gathering what the general concensus was, as I got the impression most people prefered 'Standard cars'.

So thought it would be worth a shout to gather some opinions.

Individuality is the key to a good life certainly makes for a more interesting existance in any case don't you think ha.

Hope your having a good weekend (All).

Most defo agree with highlighted comment!! but you haven't said what you like.. :p

Alot do say stock but if you search members cars most have mods of some sort. no matter what they say they can't resist!:D

I for one enjoy these kind of semi war threads (sshhh) so will have to watch and see reasons/opinions!

................................................................................................................................................................................

The 'Devil' makes work for idle hands springs to mind [GRIN][/GRIN]

You got a lot of Supra's around your way?

Must be 7 or 8 maybe more in Cambridge , most have AM body parts , I think its only mine and Why T's supra thats stock (or close to it!) , the black wide arch around my way looks nice though! I wouldn't pay to have that done mind!

:)