The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello! old cressida owner looking to make friends with owners of JZ goodness

Guest BillyFIVE

Guest BillyFIVE

Hello.

I'm probably one of the more random members you've had in a while :)

I have an RX73 Toyota Cressida.

As you can see it's a bit empty under the bonnet. I'm planning to fit a 2JZGE. A friend of mine with a mkIV supra said I should come and make friends on here. I see most of you guys like to bin you 2JZGE engines in favour of the 2JZGTE. Well I have a very happy home for your unwanted n/a engine :) it will be plenty fast enough in my old tin.

I hope to end up with something looking a little like this..

That goes like this.. :D (okay, okay with no turbo, but you get the idea)

They are also in the lexus gs300 which you'll get the entire car complete with ecu and loomage for peanuts. In fact you'll probably find someone will pay you to take it away. Want to be more adventurous have a look around for an aristo TT and get a TT motor for a couple of grand all in.

In fact here ya go http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/LEXUS/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294966342/search.action?showMoreOptions=&formSearchParams=Ne%3D2%2B4%2B5%2B6%2B7%2B8%2B27%2B44%2B49%2B53%2B61%2B64%2B67%2B103%2B133%2B146%2B236%26N%3D240%2B4294966342&make=LEXUS&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=&referrer=quick&postcode=bh14+0nt&radius=1500&e_model=Ne%3D2%2B4%2B5%2B6%2B7%2B8%2B27%2B44%2B49%2B53%2B61%2B64%2B67%2B103%2B133%2B146%2B236%26N%3D240%2B4294966342%2B4294965124&e_min_pr=Ne%3D2%2B4%2B5%2B6%2B7%2B8%2B27%2B44%2B49%2B53%2B61%2B64%2B67%2B103%2B133%2B146%2B236%26N%3D240%2B4294966342%2B15&e_max_pr=&ukcarsearch_full.x=28&ukcarsearch_full.y=10&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Theres a V8 at £600 and an NA 2jz for £695 which you'll be able to negotiate a price on. Thinking about it though wouldn't a 1JZ tt be a more applicable engine?

Edited by dangerous brain (see edit history)

Guest BillyFIVE

wow! :) great response already. cheers guys!

j_jza80- how much are you thinking of selling it for?

dangerous brain- thanks for the autotrader link. i hadn't actually considered buying a gs300/aristo. i didn't know they could be had that cheap! your wheel comment is confusing me though?! :think: what wheels are you talking about?

The lexus gs 300 sport rims are extremely rare and in good condition will fetch in the region of a grand and a bit. The ones on that car i posted look in fairly decent condition. Things like the sport grille would fetch decent money on the lexus board because they are uber expensive from lexus and update the look of the car. The leather interior would fetch about £400 as well. You could actually if you had the time and inclination push a profit out of that car and have an engine complete with all parts required.

The Lexus GS300 sport rims are extremely rare and in good condition will fetch in the region of a grand and a bit.
Just to clarify.... if the rears are 10 inches wide (as those are). Most have 8.5 inch front and rear and they aren't very desirable at all. :)

nice looking example..thoughi would go with a 1uz from the soarer

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3465/3741/21161870005_medium.jpg

Or if its power you want and your strapped for cash, then consider the 1jzgte

http://amauto.com.au/img/cressida1%20003.jpg

similar power figures to the 2jzgte but can be had a lot cheaper and with its revvy nature, would make a sweet engine for the cressy

Guest BillyFIVE
nice looking example..thoughi would go with a 1uz from the soarer

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3465/3741/21161870005_medium.jpg

Or if its power you want and your strapped for cash, then consider the 1jzgte

http://amauto.com.au/img/cressida1%20003.jpg

similar power figures to the 2jzgte but can be had a lot cheaper and with its revvy nature, would make a sweet engine for the cressy

haha i know all that man :)

I'm after an N/A 2jzge. my budget is VERY tight and don't need turbo power in this old tin. it weighs feck all.

thanks for the PM j_jza80 :)

Edited by BillyFIVE (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BillyFIVE

Two blokes, one van, and bits of old Toyota to collect.

First stop, Extreme Performance in Leicester run by a fella called Keron. With a steady stream of turbo swaps on mkIV Supras, he's tripping over unwanted 2JZGE engines. I took one off his hands, with an ecu and ancilleries. Annoyingly there had been some confusion in communication as it was not a front sump version that I really wanted. Some bartering on the price compensated for this and I was happy again. The engine came from a manual car too so had a manual ecu which was a bit of a bonus. With some jigging and a crane we got it in the back of the van..

Just how we were gonna get it out at the other end? Well.. we'll worry bout that later haha.

Next stop was for the W58 gearbox supplied by a very helpful and thoroughly recommended Steve at Silverline Racing in Woverhampton.

Primarily a mkIII Supra tuner, he did have a nice range of cars he was working on. We got a quick tour and he showed off some of the in-house custom fabrication work he does.

His unit was cool and we were suitably impressed. Check out Matt's impressed face.. ;D

With the van getting heavier and space running out we had one stop left. The night before I'd found some scruffy but nicely cheap 17x9 Torques. I knew it was gonna be a squeeze but as we were out in the van I figured, what the hell! May as well get the lot in one hit! We arrived at Tanner's house greeted by a mega helpful and friendly Lucy. She sorted us out with the wheels and a couple of spare tyres too.

Counting hurts! haha

I'm so jealous of the cool work space they have for cars at their house.. and that they live so stupidly close to Santa pod!

We passed this on the way back. The coolest thing we saw on our travels..

Back at mine we got unloaded. With two of my house mates helping the four of us got the engine out of the van. It actually wasn't that heavy and hard to to move at all! Phew!

Not a bad haul me thinks.

Tongy, one of my house mates, got excited about the mighty JZ goodness haha.

Couldn't help doing a test fit of the wheels. So snug at the back! Love it! My offset guesstimation payed off. As predicted there are problems at the front clearing the coilovers but, no worries as there are spacers already on their way. Cue teaser shot..

I still desperately need a JZ front sump and manual JZ bellhousing though..

If any one knows or hears of any kicking about gimmie a holla!

Guest Jeremy Norquay

That pic of the Silver Cressy is a friends of mines car, 1jz swap, stance coil overs and 6spd. he has never had it on the road and is now parting the car for his MX83 drift car.

Your car should be sweet when done.

Welcome.

Guest BillyFIVE

cool! you're friend is "G" yeah?

I'd been following that car on JZXproject. shame he never finished it.

Guest Jeremy Norquay
cool! you're friend is "G" yeah?

I'd been following that car on JZXproject. shame he never finished it.

Yep, that's him. To bad he has stripped it, was over at his place the other night helping with cutting it up. The engine from that one is now getting a 2jz bottom and a BW S360 single turbo. That will be fitted into the Yellow X8 Serialnine drift car.

The NA 2jz in your X7 should be a blast, keep the updates coming.

Guest BillyFIVE

cool!

todays additions :D

JZX73 mounts. f*ck yeah!

aaaaand I only have one seat belt in the car. it's on the passenger side and I have a bucket in the drivers so.. I need a harness. so bought this ridonkulous one :D

the lairy pink actually goes well with my brown bucket seat and the labels are just funny. must be worth at least 5 bhp on there own :D it was a bargain at 30 quid as they spose to be 80 new.

still sump and bellhousing hunting.. got a couple of leads. wish me luck!

Guest BillyFIVE
Yep, that's him. To bad he has stripped it, was over at his place the other night helping with cutting it up. The engine from that one is now getting a 2jz bottom and a BW S360 single turbo. That will be fitted into the Yellow X8 Serialnine drift car.

The NA 2jz in your X7 should be a blast, keep the updates coming.

hey man, do you know if has he got any of these left?

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2396/pikostrimg600x320106398oy0.jpg

i need to get on JZXprojects? are you on there?