The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19's Jade R's

RobD

Now i know alot wont agree with me on getting this size wheel , nor the make if i think about it but i think they look awesome on supra!

End of this month i'll be buying a set of 19" Wheelmania Jade R's , my question is that there going to be 245/35 on the front with a 30 offset and 265/35's on the rear with a 35 offset! will i need my arches rolling or not ? I know a few members have these's wheels and hoping they can shed some knowledge! I've asked the seller and they said they wouldn't need the arches done, but wanted a second opinion!

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally stock! It is a non turbo if that makes a difference! I am looking into buying a set of tein super streets soon also!

The stock NA set up will 'squat' on hard acceleration, so in the workshop the wheels will clear the arch and you leave happy, but on hard driving they will rub, I would be prepared to have the arches rolled for 19"

Also check on full lock for rubbing

Would it still squat after the teins are fitted?

Not so much, BUT to get the benefit the car may sit lower, no point having Teins and then having to have them fully wound up to allow for too big a wheel, they would be VERY hard as well when fully wound up

Rolling of the arches is not expensive, cheaper than a set of Teins !!

Hi Rob i have 19" wheelmania race silver wheels on my car with 265/30 rears and no need to roll the arches at all. Is it a wheel and tyre package you are getting? My wheels came with the 30 profile zz3 tyres maybe you could ask wheelmania to do you a 30 instead of a 35 mate?

There shouldnt be a problem with them rubbing as wheelmania design there own wheels for the supra vortex,jade,race etc are all made by wheelmania so there should be no drama with the package there supplying you. When i was there at the shop in birmingham the guy told me i could have got 20"s on without rolling the arches because they design them to fit without needing to do this.

Should it not be: Front: 245/35/19 Rear: 265/30/19

Btw I found that 245s rubbed a bit (on my old 18s) on full lock, so I went to 235s. I'm now on 19s.

Yeah i would have thought so its 235 on the fronts that i have 245 seem a bit wide for the front!

Just had a look again and they are 265/30r19's at the back , could've swore they were 35's ! I think someone was saying in another thread that 30 profile on a supra wasn't the best of ideas?! Anyone else running that profile found any problems except the rough ride?

This is all good to know as it looks as though I'm getting 19" Jade Rs with 275s on the rear and 245s on the front. Do you think I should ask for 265s and 235s instead (the rear rims are 10" as opposed to 9.5" but if Wheelmania design the wheels specifically then I'm assuming this won't be a problem).

This is all good to know as it looks as though I'm getting 19" Jade Rs with 275s on the rear and 245s on the front. Do you think I should ask for 265s and 235s instead (the rear rims are 10" as opposed to 9.5" but if Wheelmania design the wheels specifically then I'm assuming this won't be a problem).

If its a wheel and tyre package with 275 rears mate you should be ok but i would go for 235s on the front to reduce any problems on full lock.

When i asked them they said they be fine! Well the reply was " Yeah straight on regards" but i was asking about the set with 265 rears and 245 front , might ask for the front to be put down to 235 aswell