The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sequential or TTC?

Duffman

Been having problems with intermittent boost for a while now and tried 5 min TTC mod to see if it was one if the VSV's that was cooked (even though I done continuity checks and they seemed fine). The car boosted to 1bar no probs and I must say I was quite surprised with the power delivery it gave :) but at the same time was pretty loud so the neighbours might not be best pleased.

I am considering keeping it in TTC mode but reckon there must be a proper way to do it as I only put the vacuum hose straight onto the actuators therefore eliminating the VSV's. Would this be the correct way to do it long term?

Also is it safe enough running in TTC? I don't see how it could do any damage as its still boosting the same.

Any info would be appreciated

I ran TTC for ages before going single and loved it!

I think it's a personal taste; some people like the sequential delivery, some the more linear TTC; for me it was the latter.

One by-product of permanently going TTC is that you can remove the actuators, the vacuum tank and all of the associated vacuum hosing; it really cleans up the engine bay :)

I have been a long time advocate of TTC mode, and ran my car this way most of the time i have had it, both with std turbos and hybrids.

To do it properly you need to wire open both the EGCV and the IACV, and to really take advantage of it i would also use some form of piggyback ECU.

It will actually equalise the wear on both turbos as its not just no1 working most of the time.

I have been a long time advocate of TTC mode, and ran my car this way most of the time i have had it, both with std turbos and hybrids.

To do it properly you need to wire open both the EGCV and the IACV, and to really take advantage of it i would also use some form of piggyback ECU.

It will actually equalise the wear on both turbos as its not just no1 working most of the time.

How exaclty do you wire them open?

TTC is very much a matter of taste, and it will also depend on everything working properly, it will show up shortcomings in the exhaust system, and as i said to get the best out of it you need to adjust the fuelling and timing;)

TTC is very much like having a small single, so boost is somewhat later in manifesting, i suspect that those that don't like TTC will not really like single turbos.

TTC is very much like having a small single, so boost is somewhat later in manifesting, i suspect that those that don't like TTC will not really like single turbos.

Like the sound of it, would love to go single one day iam going to try the TTC out next week ;)

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/ttc/ttc.htm

This is how I carried out the TTC mod to test if the VSV's were fooked...is this the same way it would be done if I was wanting to stay in TTC mode long term?

There was me thinking it was my help that got you there through PM :(

I'm going TTC mode when done fully, will be doing as Ricky suggests though. It can't be good having the actuators under strain.

There was me thinking it was my help that got you there through PM :(

I'm going TTC mode when done fully, will be doing as Ricky suggests though. It can't be good having the actuators under strain.

It was your instructions mate :) but just to save typing what I done I thought I would refer to that link. Good instructions :thumbs:

It was your instructions mate :) but just to save typing what I done I thought I would refer to that link. Good instructions :thumbs:

I'm only playing bud.

The only problem i had when following that guide was that the pics seemed a little misleading even though they were correct. I posted up a thread on it a while back as it appeared to be pointing to the WGVSV rather than the EGCVVSV but it was all cleared up in the end.

You know your way around the turbo's so i thought it was better to mention the actual names of the components being worked on rather than linking you to that guide. Didn't want you to pop anything else :D