The mkiv Supra Owners Club

scary experience!!

tony tt

I went to a beer festival tonight with my girlfriend i didint plan on drinking as i had the car with me anyway once we got there it was quite good. To cut a long story short i ended up having a few pints and had to get the girl to drive us home in my bpu supra....all i can say is sweet fu##ing jesus i was scared the worst 40miles of my life never again EVER will i be in the situation where i have to be driven home in my pride and joy by my girlfriend NO NO NO!! :complain:

Guest Garfy

its not a problem, to be honest its probably safer in her hands, she doesn't drive it as fast as i do, also she drives a turbo MX5 when she isn't driving the supra ;)

:) happened a couple of times with Jane and I, but in my MkIII.

She's only 4' 10" so it was a wee bit daunting for her but she managed it. Passers by must have thought I was being driven home by Thing from The Adams Family as I'm sure the only bit of her they could see was her fingers on the steering wheel.

She's only 4' 10" so it was a wee bit daunting for her but she managed it. Passers by must have thought I was being driven home by Thing from The Adams Family as I'm sure the only bit of her they could see was her fingers on the steering wheel.

If she is blond they might of thought she was cousin it!

I don't get the problem dude? My mr's's have always been as competent drivers as I've ever been. Yeah they never drive with the swiftness or mental attention I do but I've yet to be in a near miss with any of them let alone an accident, hand on heart I cannot say I've never found myself very close to the line at times (In fact truth be told I've contacted two cars and so far none of my partners have hit cars whilst they have been driving)

I've only let the GF drive me home in my old MkIII too, wasn't too bad until I managed to focus on the digitial display and it was showing 128... :taped:

Ummm... it was set to KPH honest Mr Officer.

My girlfriend is a good driver in her own car (peugot 206) the problem is she tries to drive mine the same way heavy footed and last night was the last straw! I wouldnt mind if she could handle it and know what to expect when it hits 4000rpm but shes still accelerating into bends at that stage and it scared the sh#t out me last night.

So i hope she enjoyed her drive because it was her last.

I let a mate of mine that had lots of experience of quick BMWs drive my supra once. Within 20 seconds I was regretting it. Despite the fact that the RLTC was turned up to max he managed to put the car sideways out of a very short dual carriageway slip road onto a dual carriageway right in front of cars coming at about 70-80 mph. He then proceeded to fish tail it down the road until he got to a very handsome 140. I think I actually screamed the whole way. Can't think why I never let him drive it again.