The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello...

TonytotheB

Hi all

I am seriously thinking about a Supra. I fell in love with my friends when he had one a few years ago. His was white but I am probably going to go for a black one... or white and get it sprayed

I have been looking around pre-modified ones but my question is whether a standard 3.0TT is best and then I kit it up myself or whether paying a little more for a pre-mod'd one and enjoy a head-turner from day 1.

I imagine this is a controversial questions

Anyway, great forum. Love looking at people's projects and checking their ideas, so I have plenty to read on here.

Take care

If your end aim is to have a modified one then its best to start off with the one you want. To do all the modifying yourself would cost you a fair bit of cash.

Be cautious with modified cars though as sometimes they are modified to mask accidents etc etc etc. Also there is a lot of mutton dressed as lamb. Pay particular attention to the engine condition and the suspension components as these are very expensive.

If you are thinking of a respray then colour won't matter (no point in stating white if your going to spray it) but remember this will cost anything up to 4k depending where you go.

I went for almost the car i wanted. The list is never ending though, everytime i think of something.... i think of something else.

Nice to see a proper hello, welcome to the club :)

Thanks for the advice guys. It'll be my first real project in a car as all up to now have been ones I could drive to work and back and show customers... time to get something I really want before I die!

Thanks for the welcome and advice so far. I'll keep reading the forum and get my ass in gear...