The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello People

Guest Iain-E39

Guest Iain-E39

Just a quick hello.

Im visiting from another forum bmw5.co.uk

Im on the market for a supra and hope i can get all the info and advice on here.

At the moment i drive a black 525 e39 and although its a fantastic car... i must have a supra.

im thinking about the non turbo manual mkvi.

im hoping a notice a decent improvement in acceleration and handling with the supra.

cant really afford the twin turbo and my 5 series for insurance reasons.

paying 500 a year fully comp on the bmw.

what sort of quotes do you non turbo owners get?

im 26.

im hoping to get an early car maybe 93 94 for classic car insurance... are there any known issues to look out for on early carS?

thanks

Welcome mate - Unsure on your BMW's figure's but the n/a is quite a heavy car and isnt quite as quick as you would think , having said that its no slouch either . Im also 26 and although it isnt really relevant i pay just over £600 fc on a TT . The 2jz engine is pretty solid as long as its been looked after - have a look about the site , the search button is your friend .

:) Good luck with it .

Welcome to the club mate,

I don't think theres a big difference in insurance between the two, wouldn't take long to get quotes on both when you're ringing around though.

I think as long as the cars have been serviced well they're bullet proof. Aftermarket mods are usually the unreliable parts. Have a read of these guides, they were a great help when I was looking for one. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Guest Iain-E39

thanks for all the replys and advice.

I have been obsessive with the supra hunt for ages now and the cheapest i have seen a uk tt is about 6500 which to be honest is a little out of my budget at the moment.

im looking at 3 possible N/A supras at the moment all under 80k on clock with some nice wheels and options.

im going to use it as a second project car sort of thing.

Had the bmw for a year and its never let me down would hate to sell it and it has loads of space.

thanks