The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aero roof as seen on faf ?

RED_ROCKET

You have 5 bolts in the roof, and the centre one is really for locking the roof on if you've parked up and don't want to do them all up each time (as its in the centre).

I think they adapted the centre one with a glue of sorts, so when he bashed it, it let go and flew off.

If all of the bolts are tight, then there's no way it'll just fly off by accident. Mine rattles a bit if one or two of the bolts is loose, but they are soon tightened again if need be.

It has 2 allen bolts to the back and 2 at the front under the sun visors then the latch in the middle. These all have to be undone with a special rachet tool. Then once all the bolts are undone it just stows away in the boot :)

:blink:

I was expecting that it was like the MR2 roof.

It will start raining by the time you get it off over here :D

cant find any info on mods to the aero roof anyone else had a search about :(

most iv seen is the carbon roofs,

tbh iv heard a few people comment on the flexibility of the upper part of the car, and have even seen the windscreen flex themselves, so i dont think i would trust just one bolt/connection :blink: as much as i would like to of course :)