The mkiv Supra Owners Club

unsure

madmarf

hey all,

im in a bit of 2 minds with my supra. as you know its the n/a and this engine is the sweetest engine i have seen in a long time. so clean and sounds and runs so perfectly, never any problems and pulls so well. now im changing to the TT in mid aprill but it seams a shame to waste the engine when it is so nice. every other jap owner down here coments all the time on how nice it is. so do i

1. sell the engine and get only £300 knowing how good it is

2. dont do the TT swap and keep running with this engine which i dont want to do.

3. see if anyone out there has a nice TT with a blown engine or something or a good donor in the cornor of there yard.

help me out guys cause im really in a confusion :blink:

jez

I'm not sure what your motives are :). At first I thought you were considering an NA->TT engine swap, but then #3 wouldn't help you (that'd give you 2 supra shells, but 0 engines you want to or can use). Maybe you mean get a crashed TT supra with a good engine...

The NA engine is pretty unstressed, and very reliable. Yours may look and sound good, but 1) there are other NA lumps out there that may be just as good, and 2) if the NA engine doesn't do what you want it to, then there's little point in keeping it.

Depends on how attached to the shell you are (e.g. paint colour, condition of interior & exterior, etc). If you're *really* attached to it, you could go for an engine swap. Otherwise, I'd sell the NA and buy a TT as AlexJames said.

I'm not sure what your motives are :). At first I thought you were considering an NA->TT engine swap, but then #3 wouldn't help you (that'd give you 2 supra shells, but 0 engines you want to or can use). Maybe you mean get a crashed TT supra with a good engine...

The NA engine is pretty unstressed, and very reliable. Yours may look and sound good, but 1) there are other NA lumps out there that may be just as good, and 2) if the NA engine doesn't do what you want it to, then there's little point in keeping it.

Depends on how attached to the shell you are (e.g. paint colour, condition of interior & exterior, etc). If you're *really* attached to it, you could go for an engine swap. Otherwise, I'd sell the NA and buy a TT as AlexJames said.

sorry, yer i was doing the na-TT swap. the whole condition of the car is lovely. its been in storage for 4 of the 5 years its been in this country lol.