The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres yet again.... Sorry

themodifiedkid

I no this has been done to death so I apologise in advance :hide:

I really need to get some new rear tyres as I currently have "nexan" :innocent:

I have a tt running 265 35 R18 and was split between 2, that being:

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric or

Ecsta SPT KU31

Obviously the first option are more expensive but is the second option acceptable/recommended. Its for all season use if that helps;)

Cheers everybody :run:

Stay away from the Khumos, I didnt get on with them at all.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 for normal road use, if they are not available or out of budget then I have been very very suprised/happy with the Falken 452 I recently purchased :)

If you are ordering online check out http://www.camskill.co.uk/ for great prices.

Cheers Wez, I was actually on that website, looks like I will be getting them fom there.:D

My max I can really spend is about £140 per rear side, and thats what the goodyear eagle F1 asmmetric come in at. I assume the GSD3's are different, but there not available in that fitment.

Not sure if anyone has tried the new Eagle F1 Asymmetric on a MKIV yet, if you do go down this route I would be interested to hear how you get on with them.

The T1Rs are only an extra £8 and and the Falken 452s are £30 cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if anyone has tried the new Eagle F1 Asymmetric on a MKIV yet, if you do go down this route I would be interested to hear how you get on with them.

The T1Rs are only an extra £8 and and the Falken 452s are £30 cheaper.

I had T1R's on my 17's and was very impressed with them,

but when I got my 18's they had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric and to be honest I found them a bit unpreditable and considering I only have an N/A I could get it sideways quite easily.

They lasted less than 12 months, about 12,000 miles.

I have now gone to Falken 452'2 on the rear and am very impressed with them, they are much better under strain than the Goodyear's and from what I can remember are a match for the Toyo T1R's.

Don't forget they take a while to scrub in, which ever tyre you go with.

Anyway my vote is strongly with Falken 452's now and the price definately helps;)