The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SBC-ID Optional Harness

SkyJawa

Right chaps,

Got an SBC-ID, Powermeter and Optional harness coming over from Dusty. The harness allows you to monitor other functions from the ecu. For example: injector pulse width, inlet air temperature, airflow, throttle.

What would you lot recommend being the things to monitor and why?

Cheers

Already ordered and paid mate, I'm in on a shipping deal with Jason and Paul (jasonmoola and cashpoint) as they are being shipped with Pauls wheels. If you're quick I'm sure you could get in on it too - send em a PM :D

The Powermeter ID is about $245 which is around £136 quid, but add the VAT when it comes in.

Shipping was about an extra $20 each for me and Jason to add to Pauls shipping order.....

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

It will in July.

The ODB VII version is out now... :)

Regards,

Gaz.

What are the differences between it and the p.m. ? apart from probable increased cost;)

The pound will be down against the dollar by june !!!

Originally posted by jasonmoola

What are the differences between it and the p.m. ? apart from probable increased cost;)

The pound will be down against the dollar by june !!!

Well I was talking about the optional features of the harness really not the Powermeter.

The R-vit is a state of the art bit of kit that reads most of the ECU info and simply plugs into the ODB terminal. Things like speed, tachometer, water temp, voltage, injector pulse, intake air temperature, air flow, inlet manifold temperature, oxygen reading, throttle position etc etc.

The R-VIT can be linked via an infra red portal to the SBC iD Boost Controller. Information gained from the R-VIT can be used to help control and optimise the vehicle boost parameters through the SBC iD Boost Controller.

The pound won't matter if you buy it from a UK company ;)

We'll be selling these at a good price anyway :)

Gaz.

Right then - since no-one has any ideas, this is what I'm going to go with so far. (I can have 3 extras as you get 6. Boost, speed and power with the powermeter fitted on the first 3 and 3 more).

Water temp - (would prefer oil temp but don't think there is an ECU output for that)

Oil Pressure - again so you know everything seems to be running fine.

A/F - can you monitor this as it specifies MAF voltage, Jspec don't have a MAF.....

Thought about injector pulse width but not sure what that will show. Can you work out duty cycle from it?

(don't see much point in monitoring the throttle position sensor?)

So I guess I really still don't know! LOL! The Blitz site says:

"DATA 1-3 Display ¡V This boost controller has the ability to display any electronic output from the vehicle ECU (SBC Optional Harness required). It can display almost any voltage output from the computer (i.e.: TPS, temperature, pressure, A/F, injector pulse and etc.)"

Originally posted by HISUPE

Right then - since no-one has any ideas, this is what I'm going to go with so far. (I can have 3 extras as you get 6. Boost, speed and power with the powermeter fitted on the first 3 and 3 more).

Water temp - (would prefer oil temp but don't think there is an ECU output for that)

Oil Pressure - again so you know everything seems to be running fine.

A/F - can you monitor this as it specifies MAF voltage, Jspec don't have a MAF.....

Thought about injector pulse width but not sure what that will show. Can you work out duty cycle from it?

(don't see much point in monitoring the throttle position sensor?)

So I guess I really still don't know! LOL! The Blitz site says:

"DATA 1-3 Display ¡V This boost controller has the ability to display any electronic output from the vehicle ECU (SBC Optional Harness required). It can display almost any voltage output from the computer (i.e.: TPS, temperature, pressure, A/F, injector pulse and etc.)"

Who you gonna get to fit it ? - Leon would prob be best person to ask...

• 6 months later...
Originally posted by lovatt

so the problem is interpreting the data the ID shows ?

Yes, you have to input what type of info you want it to show, i.e. percentage/voltage/time and then you have to figure out what voltage range the ECU will be sending the information in so that you can interpret it correctly. I never got it right, but then never changed the display from the power/speed screen.

Ben..