The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ringwood Basingstoke list for Portland.

AndyT

OK people. Dodgyrog and the lads lasses from the South West are heading into Portland for a meet.

Seems there is some interest in a few people making the run from over here, so to save clicking between three threads

Basingstoke

Ringwood

Dodgy sowesters :D

I thought we would stick our monickers down here.

1. AndyT

2. Bob B

3. Ivan (poss)

Any thoughts on joining the lads in Bridport? Welcomed. :)

Edit: Full route details here

I'd suggest meeting at St Leonards but other options are most welcome. About 10 am I reckon. :)

Final times.

09:00 - Bob B and Supramatt - J11 M27 Layby just before getting onto the motorway.

35 miles to

09:45 - 10:00 Ivan, WSB2, Richsupra and Lucasl - St Leonards Hotel

23 miles to

10:45 - Dangerous and Dwayne - Just past Bere Regis on the A35. Layby.

27 miles to

11:15 to 11:30 Dodgy and co. - Bridport, Tannery Rd carpark.

These times are pretty tight folks. If we get held up anywhere I'll call ahead to let the dodgy sowesters know. :D

Edited by AndyT (see edit history)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy, where is St Leonards? never heard of it, yes meeting up with "the others" and then doing the final bit together sounds good.

Bob.

Hi Bob. St Leonards Hotel A31 just near Ringwood. Sorry I forgot we only met up for Japfest or AFR run didn't we?

St Leonards is were the Ringwood meet err meets. :D

Happy to pick you up beforethere mate. I'm over Pompey way so I've got 30 miles to go to get there anyway.

I'll work out the distance to Bridport and the times involved. I think it'll be well early to pick the others up by 10:30 at Bridport. :)

Yes, that was me, I'm going the whole hog this time at Castle Combe, well actually going in. If you could work out some times and then you could pick me up driving past Fareham.

Iused to do the Portsmouth to Plymouth Run a lot and it usually took tween 1.15 to 1.30, to Bridport.

Bob.

Edited by BOB B (see edit history)

It's 83 miles to Bridport. So I'd leave 1.45 to 2 hours allowing for traffic. The others are there for 11:15 am. That means we need to be leaving Fareham by about 9:00 am.

20 mins to pick James Whitesupraboy2 and possibly Ivan up somewhere near So'ton.

Bridport to Portland is 25 miles but not on a road we'd be going along. So we risk missing the gang if we're late.

Depends on James.

James, if you can make 9:20 - 9:30 somewhere near Rownham Services. I know that could be a long shot :D

If time is short then we'll just meet up and head off to Portland. Arriving for, say 12:15, the approximate time for the others arrival. Is that fair folks? :)

Andy, that sounds fine, in the next day or so Ill figger out a meet spot on the M27 around junction 11 or 9 unless you have any sujestions, maybe a rolling start from one of the roundabout bridges for me when I see you flash past.

Bob.

All fine with me...Its not getting up the problem. :D

Its if im drinking night before :(

I may try and drive night before (make all my mates happy) then can come along.

9:45 St Leonards Hotel James. Take the motor for a blast and be a part in the event that is the envy of the forum. :D

Guest Richsupra

lucasl and myself should be able to make this.

If all goes to plan we will join you at St.Leonards hotel at 9.45 if thats alright?

Will be nice to meet you all.

oooo only just seen this ill be up for this hell of a road trip but should be fun , im coming from chichester so will meet anywhere .

Chichester. Nice one. :)

You can either meet myself and Bob B at J11 Fareham Gosport turnoff. We'll be on the other side of the carriageway in the layby and that means you'll just have to carry on a mile and come round the roundabout and back to join us. Or meet us at St Leonards Hotel Ringwood for 9:45. :)

Andy

It'll be A31 through Bere Regis, A35 to Dorchester and on to Bridport.

Turn left and left at the two roundabouts then back to Weymouth along the B3157 coast road. Turn right for Portland. ;)

Cheers mate. Couldn't have planned that meself. :D

Your best bet is to just meet us at Portland James. I just didn't want to you leave you out bud. I would've jigged our times to make sure you could join in mate.

Just not fair otherwise. What do you want to do mate? :)