The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do these do..

SupraGirlie

I picked up a new car yesterday and I don't know what a few things do on there..

Something to do with auto headlights perhaps??

There are two of these, they have annoying long leads attached, I think they are something to do with the alarm, it seems quite a new Toad alarm, surely it can't need these massive devices?!

This one has a power button to the left, when pressed lights scan across it while making lots of noise.

As well as these, there are also two switches, one I have discovered turns on one reversing light, why would I need this?

Edited by SupraGirlie (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if those are parts of an alarm, certainly not a smart place to have them, cant you rewire them at least to hide them? behind the dash panels, glove boxes, under the carpet?

I am guessing they are part of the immobiliser, as the one on the front seat screams at me until I start the engine! Perhaps I should just rip them both out and get a new Clifford put in.

the square things are aeriels for jap in car tv's or satnavs are they not?

The last one looks like a turbo timer to me :S

I thought a turbo timer too, a very very old one, but if so, I can't get it to work, it just flashes green and red lights and screeches at me!

Are they those things that let you through the toll roads in Japan?

Is it a 'fresh' import?

Nope, been in the country since 1998.

i think he means the headlights move as you turn the steering wheel so you can see better? I think some mercs have it and some citroens back in the day.

The supra doesnt though. And i dont see how it could be modified to do so.

So i very much doubt it is this

i think he means the headlights move as you turn the steering wheel so you can see better? I think some mercs have it and some citroens back in the day.

The supra doesnt though. And i dont see how it could be modified to do so.

So i very much doubt it is this

Could it be a sensor so the headlights come on automatically when it gets dark.

Automatic Light Control System

Placing the light control switch in AUTO (some vehicles have Automatic Light Control Systems that are always on) allows the headlights to turn ON or OFF depending on the surrounding light conditions. The amount of light is detected by the light sensor in the top face of the dash in front of the driver.

you say that the reversing light comes on when you switch one of the switches, that is the fog light modification. I have this also otherwise it will fail mot, just make sure you put a red bulb in instead of the white.

You say about different beeps when the ignition is on, It is normal for "autos" to beep when put in reverse so that may accomodate one of the beeping sounds.

I also have one of those conlight things and always wandered what it did, still don't fully understand its function. But this is a toyota factory extra, nic posted up optional factory extras that were offered on the supra and this was amoung them.

Hope it helps..... or not!! lol :D

you say that the reversing light comes on when you switch one of the switches, that is the fog light modification. I have this also otherwise it will fail mot, just make sure you put a red bulb in instead of the white.

You say about different beeps when the ignition is on, It is normal for "autos" to beep when put in reverse so that may accomodate one of the beeping sounds.

I also have one of those conlight things and always wandered what it did, still don't fully understand its function. But this is a toyota factory extra, nic posted up optional factory extras that were offered on the supra and this was amoung them.

Hope it helps..... or not!! lol :D

That's good, means I don't have to bother fitting a rear fog for MOT time :)

I have owned a few auto Supra's so I know they beep when in reverse ;) These beeps are different, very loud and random lol, just when in 'park'

I did not realise it was a factory extra, that's cool may well leave that one there then. I noticed my lights were on when I started it up even though it was light so I am not sure how well it works!