The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geometry day write-up

SteveR

I organised a club day at a Midlands based geometry place (details of the day are here) which took place yesterday.

First of all I'd like to say thanks to everyone who attended for their interest and enthusiasm, it was a well attended event as we reached capacity for the day and it was good to see such a mix of people drawn together.

Massive thanks of course go to Chris and Jayne and the 2 daughters (Sophie and... I didn't catch the other's name, sorry :() for hosting us, giving us the info and answering allllll the questions we could raise and of course for providing constant teas, coffees and cakes. :D

I hope everyone went away knowing something they didn't know and thinking about something relevant to their car. I certainly enjoyed it and learned a lot, despite having heard some of it before when I had my geo done last year. My brain had clearly filled up too quickly back then and not all of it had stuck so a refesher + top-up was great. I love the science behind it all but what Chris can tell just by looking at and feeling a tyre is brilliant, but best of all he taught us how to do that and a few other tricks that anyone could do at home, too.

I may well ask them to attend a Midlands-based track day if there would be the interest from enough members to pay a little towards their available advice 'on-site' as it were. There are a lot of little non time-consuming tricks Chris implements which can reap large gains in knowledge about an individual and their car. Most cunning. :cool:

Anyways, here are some pictures from the day. If there is enough interest from people who couldnt make it then I'll ask them to run another event later in the year.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Nice pictures,My car actually looks clean in them photo`s steve, did you photoshop them:), it would be great to get chris to a trackday, i think he`d also be impressed with how well the cars go for turbo barges, ive just purchased a tyre pyrometer, hope its here for saturday.

Nice pics Steve. Thanks for organising the day. It was good to meet people, and a fantastic amount of information from Chris to try not to forget. Pretty sure I'll be taking my car back to him soon.

Gavin