The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you trust

NeoFuture

No they don't. It's not standard HID harness, it's piece of cabling which will allow you to fire up HID directly from battery, so no flicker or light failure will occur.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-Relay-Harness-Headlamps-Lightning-Wiring-9005-9006_W0QQitemZ180341367848QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item180341367848&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Never used a harness on any of my Supra's and they all worked fine with zero flicker, always used to throw the harness in the bin. There is a harness on my 200sx (previous owner) and they are terrible for flickering and going off too as the fuse is not sheltered from outside weather.

I really don't see the point in wiring HIDs direct to the battery,(and you still need a relay)

they function on much less current draw to a normal bulb, so the will not gain from doing this as a std type headlight would.

If HIDs flicker or don't light, you have not fitted them correctly.

I really don't see the point in wiring HIDs direct to the battery,(and you still need a relay)

they function on much less current draw to a normal bulb, so the will not gain from doing this as a std type headlight would.

If HIDs flicker or don't light, you have not fitted them correctly.

They draw a lot of current to start up, that's where harness is handy to have. It cured problems with my first set of HID's.

I've had five sets of HIDs (various bulb types). The first was a mid-range kit ~£150 which came with a harness. The others have all been cheap kits ~£60 without harnesses.

From all five kits I've had a total of three ballasts fail, one from the "good" kit and the others from the cheap kits. I did have one intermittent problem whereby the light would flicker, sometimes go off and not come back on for ages. It took me a long while to figure out it was actually the harness which was faulty (dodgy connection within the insulated wire).

I haven't looked at the links posted, but in future I'll continue to buy the cheap kits and just regard them as consumables.

Iv just bought a set from this guy http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-CONVERSION-KITS-H1-H3-H7-H11-9005-9006-UK-NEXT-DAY_W0QQitemZ160313515641QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item160313515641&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1309 they seem a solid bit of kit, took 10mins to install and it says you get 2 years warranty. The price is good and they work a treat. Cant complain for £50 delivered and they are based in the uk so delivery was very fast, I got them on a saturday after ordering on fri afternoon. :)