The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Viscous Fan

AlexJames

Ok, so on learning that a viscous fan costs as much as buying shares in RBS at the moment... what are your guys thoughts on fitting electric fans instead of the aux driven blades?

Do they give the correct amount of cooling?

... or if anyone else has the blades that they wanna sell me?! :eyebrows:

i was also thinking of fitting a set of electirc fan's either remove the viscous OR put them between the air-con + water rad's...

anyone done this before, if i can find suitable electric fan's you can have my viscous

I have twin electric fans on my rad and another single fan on the front between the intercooler and ac rad. The two main fans are pullers and the extra one is a push. It definitely makes a difference having the extra one, I dont have any cooling issues even though my turbos are also water cooled.

I may have a stock fan if you need one.

I have twin electric fans on my rad and another single fan on the front between the intercooler and ac rad. The two main fans are pullers and the extra one is a push. It definitely makes a difference having the extra one, I dont have any cooling issues even though my turbos are also water cooled.

I may have a stock fan if you need one.

Aw do you reckon you do have yours lying around? it would be awesome if you did! More than happy to purchase that one from ya :)

I have twin fans on my na controlled with a thermostat. With NA's 'lackin' in power to start with :rolleyes:... I noticed the acceleration slightly improved from less stress on the crank. BTW my fans only come on in traffic, never when im moving so power is never robbed.

I have twin fans on my na controlled with a thermostat. With NA's 'lackin' in power to start with :rolleyes:... I noticed the acceleration slightly improved from less stress on the crank. BTW my fans only come on in traffic, never when im moving so power is never robbed.

Where did you get your fans and thermostat from outta interest? and im guessing that it only comes on in traffic because the heat temperature rises?

Where did you get your fans and thermostat from outta interest? and im guessing that it only comes on in traffic because the heat temperature rises?

Fans I got from Race Spec Performance on ebay, the 14" jobbies. The thermostat I got from the states made by Derale. Yes the fans come on in traffic from the temp rising but when the twins come on the temp drops by 20f within minutes.

Fans I got from Race Spec Performance on ebay, the 14" jobbies. The thermostat I got from the states made by Derale. Yes the fans come on in traffic from the temp rising but when the twins come on the temp drops by 20f within minutes.

Impressive :).... think for the sake of ease and getting it back on the road, i need to stick to stock for now... do you still have your viscous?

If not... does anyone else have one I can buy?

Yea I do but one fin has a slight bit of plastic chipped off but didn't affect the cooling performance when it was on.
When you say a slight bit.. to u mean a tip of the blade or a wedge? the current viscous I have has a blade missing so its reveloutions totally shake the engine around cause its off balance.

How much would you want for it? is it a TT viscous?

I didn't realise the viscous fans were *that* cheap! :)
:D

Humm.... not to sure on that... If it will fit a TT ill def take it.. I only need the blades to fit and not the entire peice... but in saying that.. it does look like the whole peice will fit.

i just seem to remember reading a thread somewhere that says they wont fit... :search:

Can anyone confirm this?