The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will a EU water radiator fit a J-spec?

bodilx6

Measure the thickness of the radiator. There is a thick and a thin option, and the opposite won't fit as the cowling, fans and moutning points are all slightly different. Don't assume NA/TT (or UK/Jap) means thin/thick respectively, it doesn't always work like that.

If I remember I'll measure mine tonight as I know it's a 'thin' one - then you'll know what yours is.

Thanks, both cars are TT's only difference being mine is j-spec and his is EU. I know there is a difference between 6spd and auto, since I just checked prices with Toyota. I would really like to use the one I have available for free though.

So long as the new rad is the same thickness asthe busted one, you can fit it.

I've got a thin, auto, rad fitted to my manual, facelift RZ (TT but now single). At the moment the autobox cooler section is doing nothing but I'll plumb it in as a power steering cooler at some point. :)

I`m pretty sure all the uk`S were the thick type and only later j specs the thinner type, if that helps.

I think pre-facelift NAs were mostly the thin type, too.

There doesn't seem to be a hard & fast rule though, just a "usually".

Thanks guys

Turned out that the radiator I got a hold on is in rather bad shape. I hope hold its water untill I can get me another one. Anybody know where to get a good aluminium rad that will slide in the soop nicely and also have mountings for the induction "nozzle" as well as A/C fan and so on? I think Koyo has it, but I don't know where to get them at a good price. I'll be in the UK soon so I'm hoping for a good shop to pick one up.