The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to buy bump stops?

Benyon

I think halfords do them at around £15 for two.... but its been a while since I bought some.

I have used these on my 2nd car (GT4 and now EVO6), and found them to work pretty well.

If you choose the same size to fit your coil spacing then you should get your desired effect.

If you choose a larger size than your coil spacing then you can raise your car by a mm or two and have an effect which feels like a stiffer spring is fitted.

(measure your coil spacing when the car is NOT jacked up by the way)

I think halfords do them at around £15 for two.... but its been a while since I bought some.

I have used these on my 2nd car (GT4 and now EVO6), and found them to work pretty well.

If you choose the same size to fit your coil spacing then you should get your desired effect.

If you choose a larger size than your coil spacing then you can raise your car by a mm or two and have an effect which feels like a stiffer spring is fitted.

(measure your coil spacing when the car is NOT jacked up by the way)

I was gonna ask about if it has to be jacked up. Ive just been to halfrauds and they dont stock them anymore so I tried Motorworld which again dont stock them anymore and don't know where I can get them from. Anywhere else I could get these from as I really need them. By the way what was the Evo 6 like on running cost ect, I was looking at one the other day out of interest they just look so dull inside.

Just been to halfrauds this lunch time and noticed they still have a couple on the shelf.

(1x GE13 and 1x GE15)

If they don't have any on the shelf at your local one, then they should be able to order them in.... unless you spoke to a staff who has no idea what you are talking about...often the case at halfrauds !!

The company that produce them are called Greyston Engineering and if you print out and take them an image it might help.

http://www.graystonengineering.com/coil%20spring%20%20large%20img.jpg

As for the EVO, well running costs are not cheap, but nearly all down to the fuel consuption. Otherwise, in stock form they are very reliable; as my car is fairly stock then maintenance costs are really only the oil change each year and tyres. (RS versions don't require the AYC oil change, so cheaper in that repect).

MPG is around 22-24 average and down to about 8ish MPG on a track.

I do numerous visits to the Nurburgring each year and alternate between the Supra and the EVO.... so I usually need a new set of pads and tyres each year with the EVO...if you're not doing any track driving then it may be cheaper than you think to run one.

(assuming you drive on the roads calmly enough) ;)

unless you spoke to a staff who has no idea what you are talking about...often the case at halfrauds !!

I did get that impression but I explained to him what my problem was and what I needed and he said he understood and went & looked at the stock record. After dealing with that monkey I had a good look myself but all I could find was neon's and over priced alloys. I can try and ring all the halfords in my area to see if they stock them but first I will need to measure. Im in work now so will have to be later thanks for helping me would fleabay have the right ones as ebay usually sells tack.

As for the evo I got told they need a full expensive service every 6k and always having to maintain them ect how would you compare to a TT supra??

Edit im looking on here at the moment. http://www.graystonengineering.com/front%20page.htm

Edited by Benyon (see edit history)

As for the evo I got told they need a full expensive service every 6k and always having to maintain them ect how would you compare to a TT supra??

Its in the service manual on GSR models that they require oil changes at 4500mile intervals (if I remember correctly).

RS versions at about 6000mile intervals.

And its mainly only the oil change that is considered worth doing on these minor service intervals.

So not really all that expensive.

Comparing running costs with my Supra TT then pretty similar.

Both my cars are fairly stock in engine terms so they are both reliable and spend little time in the garage.

Obvioulsy a lot of owners of EVOs and Supras have their cars modified through the roof....so its no surprise that you hear stories of them being in the garage each week and them having to spend £1000's in maintenance each year or two.

Its in the service manual on GSR models that they require oil changes at 4500mile intervals (if I remember correctly).

RS versions at about 6000mile intervals.

And its mainly only the oil change that is considered worth doing on these minor service intervals.

So not really all that expensive.

Comparing running costs with my Supra TT then pretty similar.

Both my cars are fairly stock in engine terms so they are both reliable and spend little time in the garage.

Obvioulsy a lot of owners of EVOs and Supras have their cars modified through the roof....so its no surprise that you hear stories of them being in the garage each week and them having to spend £1000's in maintenance each year or two.

Oh right, I think im gonna stick with my supra for abit I dont want a grippy boring 4x4 yet. I drive safe most of the time but I do have a play at the right time same as most do. Doesnt sound that bad then having an oil change every 6k, I got told nightmare thoughts. Oh and a looked after stock one is the type of thing I like Just a few simple mods wheels ect.