The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trip to Michel Lane's Yesterday

Matt H

After a long time without seeing her I was re-united with my supra yesterday at Michel Lane’s up in Darlington. I’ve seen a few stock supras driving about in the past few months, but when I arrived at Michel’s unit all that passion and excited rushed back into me as I saw her sitting outside Ian’s unit. Wow :D

The day started with me picking Rob Wild up from Wild Towers, as Michel had just completed his car, and was coming with me to pick her up. We managed to squeeze Mrs Wild in the back, along with some head…. And cams we went on our way.

An hour later we arrived at a lovely country pub (The Bull) and waited for Michel to arrive. After getting nicely lost :D Michel arrived at the pub with the Wild Motor. New gauges, work on the box and additional cooling later, Robs car was purring nicely to the satisfaction of the owner.

It was after lunch now, so we headed back in, ordered our food and Michel fired up his laptop to show Rob the AEM software and mapping.

A packet of salt and vinegar later and the waitress brought our food over. Wow, looked absolutely gorgeous……… and the Steaks we ordered didn’t look bad either!! :innocent: The meal was lovely, if anyone is ever in the area then you need to pop into the Bull. The toffee cheesecake followed by Hot Choc with marshmallows I had to after was to die for (or was that the waitress?! :D )

On full tums and Michel working out how many miles he would need to run to work off his lunch, we parted ways with Mr Wild and headed up to Michel’s unit in Darlington.

The A66 - A long and very straight road. We Passed all sorts of lovely motors, especially on my return leg; an 08 reg vantage, silver gallardo, orange gallardo, Bently GT and a Carrera GT.

As we arrive at the beginning of my write up, we parked up and meet the man that has transformed my car from a shell of bodged work into a meticulously fine example of a high end supra. Ian and Michel have done such a good job on my car, if only I knew about Michel and Ian before taking my car all over the country to the other outfits I’ve been too.

It’s been a long time, but that’s because Ian and Michel have had a big job against them. They have gone away from simply sorting out my engine and box and looked over the car for me with a fine toothcomb. Sorting problems for me I didn’t know existed, and wasn’t on the orignal brief. I think a true example of how good Ian is in to do with my bonnet lifters boot lid and aerotop roof bolt. After the company that fitted them left the bonnet not closing flush, Ian was in the process of adjusting the lifters so it did just that. Ian showed me the boot lid, and said how it was slightly out, and told me how he could do this to get it sorted (over my head), and how when he took the car out for a test drive he noticed the bolt on the back passenger side of the roof was broke… only to say he’ll try and get another bolt to sort that out.. The extra mile Ian has gone with my car is humbling, a chap of true passion. Ian’s said it has been a big job but he has enjoyed working on my car, and when Michel took me out for a spin round the unit on the base map (no boost of course), I had the biggest grin on my face I’ve not had in a year and a half.

Just a few things that need finishing off, along with rectifying the issue with the faulty E-Manage Ultimate, followed by Michel using the car for a few weeks to make sure everything is spot on and then I should have her back, better than ever :D so so so so happy.

So it’s a massive thanks to Michel, and the perfectionist Ian who I couldn’t had asked for a more knowledgeable, hard working, professional and nice guy to work on my car. If only I knew these guys 4 years ago!!

Here’s a few pictures and vids of yesterday, with a nice one of my new gt35r dual ball bearing turbo spinning in action :cool:

Mr Lane at the helm here :D

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v415/Matt_H/?action=view&current=DSCN0010.flv][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/Matt_H/th_DSCN0010.jpg

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, wouldn't be my choice of colour or spoiler but its all coming together nicely.

I'm curious about adjusting the lifters for the bonnet, i had a look but couldn't get my head round it. I need to adjust my nearside one, technical here i come.

I dare say it will make a little bit more than 451bhp now ;)

Get a 6spd get a 6spd get a 6spd. Its all the car needs imo.

personally not sure about the rear spoiler, love the colour though, really individual there...

Good to hear nice reviews about the workmanship for a change.

I have spoken to Michel over the phone - seems like a nice guy.

Might go back to stock or go TRD with the spoiler.... I'm not sure though i really like the varis but perhaps it's too mad looking. undecided.

TRD spoiler definitely going with the trial rear. Look at the picture from behind (ooerr). The spoiler is just out of place IMO.

Maybe thats just me though, other people seem to like it :)

Edit, I'm no good with photoshop but here is what i would do... TRD spoiler with matt black blade, matt black vents on the bonnet and mat black bottom center in the do-luck bumper. Thats just in my head though, might look gash in reality but in my head it would all go lovely with the black trial rear. Try playing around with photoshop or getting someone to do it for you :)

Edited by Scott (see edit history)