The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of my new Supra

Kearney

I know i'm probaly posting this in the wrong section I just wana get some pics up and show you'se all my car :)

its a 94 Supra SZ

has all the electrics etc

80,000kms

Spotless, not one mark on the body

some spurious catback

HKS filter

Some form of lowering springs lol

Anyway, I completely cleaned the thing from top to bottom, T cut the car twice and then polished it nearly 3 times. I used very strong wheel cleaner and the wheels came up spotless. I'm going to use this car in the modball, its a much more sutible car than the GTR as its an N/A toyota with very low milage for its age so it'll never give any trouble as long as its looked after and well maintaned.

One thing, i thought i would recommend losing the HKS filter. They are not best known for their filtration capabilities. Go for anything other than HKS.

Welcome mate. Very nice Supra you have there.

Can't get better than a standard airbox and filter.

Cheers lads, what advantage does the standard airbox have over the hks filter?

From everything Ive read on here, its pretty much impossible to improve over the standard airbox with an induction kit. Apparently the Apexi one is the best of the aftermarket ones, but thats only because you dont LOSE power by fitting it.

I actually think the HKS looks good under there, better than my Apexi.

Heres a pic of the standard box too.

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Cheers lads, what advantage does the standard airbox have over the hks filter?

The HKS doesn't filtrate buddy, its as simple as that. It is easily the worst "filter" i have ever seen on any car. When i bought my MR2 it had one and when i bought my supra it had one (lucky me eh). One of the first things i did was remove them, the only thing the HKS filter keeps out of the engine is bloody big chips of gravel. Dust and crap goes straight through.

The stock airbox is seen to be the best as it is shielded to protect against heat soak and it works very well as a filter. The only drawback is that the other induction kits give a better roar from the engine. In an N/A i don't think you would notice any difference to be honest but every little helps. I would suggest getting an Apexi (the one i went for on the MR2, its excellent) and then getting a small heatshield built around it. It doesn't need to be over the top, as i said, every little helps.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)