The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ALL aboard the fail boat. Sticker cock up

The Raven

Well after doing a deal for a most of a fukll body kit for my car i made my mind up that while i like the stickers, im not about to pay to have them replaced. heat gun in hand i make swift work of the front bumper, roof and bonnet, however...............i start on the door and yes.............

its been resprayed!!! so as the toyota team racing comes off so does the paint...............will post pictures of the fail later and need some advise on what kind of money im looking at for the respray

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

Its all your fault so feel free to donate money to fix it :D

bloody heatgun lol overkill with a hairdrier you wouldnt of had the problem

To be fair mate it would have come off no matter what i used, looking at the back of the sticker i can see the paint was never stuck to the door very well anyway. Like i said only the door that has clearly been resprayed at some point has suffered damage.

well if only your doors are messed i can spray it for you providing you have a dry clean garage with electricity supply for heater and compressor.

Thanks for the offer ad, but the garage is full up of stuff i can move right now.:(

Get a Razor wheel, or a '3m stripe off wheel' Looks like its made out of Caramac bar, even smells like a Caramac bar which is strange indded. My mate has a body shop and he hasn't used a hot air gun or a scraper to get a sticker off since he got these wheels, they really are the nuts, they take the sticker and the glue off and do not damage the paint underneath at all, you cannot use them on plastic bumpers though cos they melt the plastic