The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Slow window problems

AMG

For a couple of years now since my re-spray i have had slow, lazy windows. They are fine going down but on the way up they can sometimes struggle. The worst is the drivers side which sometimes stops about an inch from the top. I have had the door cards off and adjusted them every which way to ty and improve them with no luck. I presume they are rubbing against some rubber parts, as the drivers has a fair few vertical scratch's on the glass, which is slowing them but cant see how i could fix this. Could it be that the motors need replacing or all new rubber peices etc?

Anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

Guest Budz86

Maybe the gears inside the motor are worn out, and it's not working properly. Similar to a clutch slipping. Just a wild guess though! Try having a word with Keron or Jezz and see if they have any second hand motors in

Guest supraman582

I had this problem with the drivers side but it was the front runner that was causing the problem for me so i took the door card off, sprayed a bit of good old WD-40 along the runner and its been working fine ever since.