The mkiv Supra Owners Club

exhaust help!

fizzle

i have just fitted a new cat back, to my fully decatted (nics manifold) n/a. the problem is it is too loud, would replacing the 2nd cat quieten it down, if so how much by. i was only after a deeper note rather than loudness but i unfortunately got both:(

also if i end up replacing the stock twin pipe rear section, would blocking one pipe/muffler make any difference to sound or quality?

im going to try putting the cat back in this weekend hopefully that will get it down to a dull roar, fingers crossed...

if that doesnt work think i might end up having to get rid, either that or go back to stock manifold???

The 2nd cat will quiet it down a bit, but with Nic's manifold, no cats and a noisy cat back an NA will be extremely loud.

It'd be a shame to lose the manifold as thats the only thing thats going to give the car a little extra go, it's be better to get either a silencer in place of the 2nd cat, or a suitably quiet cat-back in the first place.

What cat back is it?

i have a blitz rear can atm, on the twin pipe section, it sounds nice but not deep enough, the cat back i have now is 3inch straight through and is silly loud, sounds great on idle and when cruising but when u poke it it roo00OOAAARS. think im going to have to sell it on and stick with what i had. cant seem to find many cans that fit stock pipes!!

would removing one of the mufflers on the twin pipe improve the sound, i dont wanna damage performance though??

M45seyif you want loud then this is the can for you.. personally i wouldnt recommend it to anyone with a fully decatted n/a, unless you hate your neighbours...

M45seyif you want loud then this is the can for you.. personally i wouldnt recommend it to anyone with a fully decatted n/a, unless you hate your neighbours...

I live on a military base anyway so foook em lol

Where did you get the can from and how much?

My exhaust is also 3" thick

I live on a military base anyway so foook em lol

Where did you get the can from and how much?

My exhaust is also 3" thick

only paid £150 for it, has done 2000 miles, before i got it, i've done 10... if your interested could do some kind of swap? going to try put the cat in first see if it helps if not its coming off!

yeah i'm interested, do you have any more info/pics?

Details of the turbo exhaust are on my website here http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=2313&product_id=8317&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53 the NA version will be the same but 2.5" and twin box to keep the noise down a bit. Should be slightly cheaper as well.

update :

replaced the 2nd cat and its quietened it down to a lovely tone, still deep burble on tick and cruise, but doesn't blow your eardrums upon acceleration... very chuffed now!!

thanks david for help once again:thumbs:

Details of the turbo exhaust are on my website here http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=2313&product_id=8317&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53 the NA version will be the same but 2.5" and twin box to keep the noise down a bit. Should be slightly cheaper as well.

I'm interested in one of these paul as you may remember from our previous PM's .

Just one question .... How much is slightly cheaper .

update :

replaced the 2nd cat and its quietened it down to a lovely tone, still deep burble on tick and cruise, but doesn't blow your eardrums upon acceleration... very chuffed now!!

Nice one, if you get the chance it would be good to see a video or sound clip with the manifold :)

Guest david
update :

no prob mate ;)