The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Herro From East London

Grix

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Charlie from East London, Living around the Waltham Forest Area!

Formly owned an MR2 -

I was always very keen to do things different, I didn't want a turbo yet, so I wanted to see what I could get out of an N/A MR2, after quite a few £££ spent, I had cams installed, a full system, manifold, performance serviced etc, and manage to have it producing 196 bhp, which i was extremely impressed by.

Sold her up straight away after I saw Sted's Supra, and was lucky enough to snap up a top notch car, from a top notch owner!

Both Lynzz and Ste were very honest over the phone, due them being 4 1/2 hours away, so I had to put alot of faith into people I had only just spoke to. :cool:

So last week I made the 2 hour Journey to meet Half way to Meet Ste at his Sisters place, and Instantly fell in Love with her ( That's the Supra, not Ste's Sister. :p)

So With Ste's CD of "Techno Techno Techno" left in the CD Player we made The Journey Back, and I had my old man following me in his Merc ( Which have ridiculously bright lights I may add, causing me to have temporary blindness for 2 hours ) And he quoted " There were people trying to cut me up, just to get behind and have a look at the car" - Ste had cleaned it up very nicely indeed, a true car enthuaist.

I Have quite a few plans for the Supra, Despite it being an N/A ( Very much considering a Turbo Transplant possibly early start of 2010), but for the time being I want to see how well I can do Performance gain wise, Similair to what I did with the MR2, so she goes on the Rolling Road at the weekend!

I did give her a clean on the Sunday, but as usual it rained during the week, and I managed to pick up some snap shots the other night whilst wait for the GF to finish work.

I hope to be Involved with meets and Events in the near future.

Oppologise for the rather large introduction, and if i rambled abit. Just a very happy Bunny :search: ..With a cold ...

Cheers!

Hi and a proper welcome!:D not a long introduction at all if anything its nice to read how you got your soop!... indeed a lovely car you gotta be a happy bunny!.. The more i see white supras the more i think they look soooo good!:D

It such an Individual Color ( well to an extent, one an owners club forum, its nothing special ) But when your on the roads, It's Real eye Catching, Isn't Particularly Eye catching compared to an Orange Supe :D

No offence to other knew members etc, But that is a lot better than most knew members 1st posts. Welcome along.

On the subject of meets / events etc check out this one.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=174444&highlight=japfest

Cheers Pal, Appriecated.

I actually spoke to Ste about this when we were having a Cuppa, I was originally going to go to this with the MR2OC, but unfortunatley it's the day of my Uncle's Wedding, An I Couldn't even think twice about missing it considering he was the one that introduced me to Toyota's with his GT4! :D

Is there a more local meet, I have Family in Gravesend, Kent - So I'm down there quite abit actually!

Glad you are so happy with it Charlie. The photo's will no doubt make Ste cry when he see's them :cry::D

Keep us updated with how you get on and your plans. Hope to see you at some events but NO beating me at santa pod!!!:p

Just wait Lynzz, The work has already begun with major oil changes and upgraded plugs etc :p

Will be heading over to Whiffbitz very soon, since they have a new straight through exhaust system becoming avaliable, and I've heard very good things from people about the chaps down there :thumbs:

Welcome to the Club. I am based not too far away from you.

Looks like a nice car; personally I wouldnt bother with a Turbo Transplant, better off starting with a TT if you wanted that sort of power.

I think, I have actually seen your motor, and the local "Polish" car wash, actually said yesterday they only know of one other Supra they've ever seen pass there place, and it was running 500 bhp, with black windows, and it was black, so far from your avatar you match the description >.

I think, I have actually seen your motor, and the local "Polish" car wash, actually said yesterday they only know of one other Supra they've ever seen pass there place, and it was running 500 bhp, with black windows, and it was black, so far from your avatar you match the description >.

Possibly, been a while since I have taken it back to them, with the improving weather, I tend to wash the car myself now

555 bhp to be precise :)

Possibly, been a while since I have taken it back to them, with the improving weather, I tend to wash the car myself now

555 bhp to be precise :)

Chingford Mount way?

Yeah I have a very large addiction to clean, wax >.

But, I have taken my MR2 there before and my Old man's Motor, so they were abit gob smacked when I pulled up Yesterday for petrol :D

But never the less, they do a decent job!

Where about's are you, because I had seen you Just past Highams Park, going into the Walthamstow Area!

Chingford Mount way?

Yeah I have a very large addiction to clean, wax >.

But, I have taken my MR2 there before and my Old man's Motor, so they were abit gob smacked when I pulled up Yesterday for petrol :D

But never the less, they do a decent job!

Where about's are you, because I had seen you Just past Highams Park, going into the Walthamstow Area!

I am based in Docklands over the weekends, have friends in that and surrounding areas.

great looking car that one

Mikey,

You weren't down Elite Direct, Rainham, the Other weekend, My brother works down there of a weekend, and he mentioned a kitted Silver Supra, similair to yours was up there :search:.

Cheers for the Kind welcome :innocent:

I am based in Docklands over the weekends, have friends in that and surrounding areas.

I am also often down your neck of the woods, I work on LUL ( London Underground ) - Usually at stations like Bow Road, Mile End etc.

Will hopefully see you about mate :thumbs:

:) Welcome Grix you wont go wrong with that supra Ste looked after it very well if it needed anything it got it and the only problem might be the lack of paint as he washed and polished it soooo much :p

Have fun and see you at some Large events maybe

Cheers

-Ian-

Glad you joined us Charlie , I love the photo's of the sup it looks great .

Why did I sell it .....

Hope you keep enjoying it mate.

Absoloutley in Love with it mate, I had a chap when I was parked up outside my GF's work offer me 5k for it, physically walked up to me and said "Would you take 5k for that?"

And i instantly said No. Sounds Silly because its more than what i took it off yourself for and I'm sure alot of people would now say to me "You should of took the money and bought a TT" , but the body is perfection in my eyes of how I have always wanted a Supe to look.

Hence why when i do consider a T/TT in possibly a years + time, I'm going to look so indepth into the conversions, because I doubt I will find anything that fits the agenda Body/Interior Wise.

But only time can tell, and I'm estatic with what I have for the time being :D

Mikey,

You weren't down Elite Direct, Rainham, the Other weekend, My brother works down there of a weekend, and he mentioned a kitted Silver Supra, similair to yours was up there :search:.

Cheers for the Kind welcome :innocent:

Nope....not been down to Elite for a while now. Been going easy on the right foot these last couple of months so my tyres have been good to me ;)

Where abouts you from dude? There are a few silver ones down near where I am now. Seen several