The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID in UK spec glass

NeoFuture

I did do a search but times have changed and prices and tech..

i have a 2008 merc with HID and they are awsome, my supra after body shop is having UK glass headlamps,

does anyone know what kit i need for both dipped and main beam ? or what fitment the bulbs are for part no, 81170-1B210 and 81130-1B210 shells ?

if i know the bulbs i can get the kits i spose...

Guest gzaerojon

Is main beam a good idea though? Don't forget they take a while to warm up, so a quick flash really won't be very bright, and also they may not last as I'm not sure if the ballast could take it

I changed the low beams (9006) only to HID in UK lights. When I flash the headlights, both high and low beams flash - is this normal? I never noticed that previously, but perhaps I wasn't really looking for it before I installed the HID's.

I changed the low beams (9006) only to HID in UK lights. When I flash the headlights, both high and low beams flash - is this normal? I never noticed that previously, but perhaps I wasn't really looking for it before I installed the HID's.

yup, mine do that too...

Thanks.

Do you know if they did the same before you installed your HID's? I'm guessing they must have done because I can't really understand how this could change by just plugging in the HID's...

as far as I am aware they've always been like that.. :D

I only noticed this the other day after fitting my HID's. I can't believe I never noticed it before :rolleyes: