The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay Kits

NeoFuture

can anyone recommend a decent ebay trader for body kits, ive booked my car for 14th of april to have all bodywork issues fixed, i might fit a tastefull kit, but i dont really want poorly fitting body parts

anyone uses these guys

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-JZA80-93-97-VS2-Body-Kit-Front-Bumper_W0QQitemZ160325300063QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item160325300063&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

One simple work from me on body kit parts from Ebay.....

DONT

Have had dealing with a few places, bought 2 different style (Do-Luck & Blitz) bumpers from different companies on Ebay, and both ended up in the bin. They always state "some professional fitting" may be required, I took both bumpers to a very good bodyshop and both were not even close to fitting, I mean like 4 inches out in places. Could not get my money back and the bumpers ended up in a skip..!!

There is always front bumpers coming up for sale on here, and at least you can see they actually fit on the car and will be cheaper. There are not many good fitting replica kits out there.

Good advice from James there :thumbs:

Nearly all of the ebay stuff will cost a large amount of money to get fitted right and the finish will still be far from perfect even with a good body shop (been there done that as have hundreds of people on here). If you're going for aftermarket kit it tends to be more cost effective to use genuine parts as they mostly have an excellent fit and finish.

Your bodyshop choice will be the key though. Be careful, very careful who you choose.

the bumper and skirts i would like are top secret, i might just reg the body work done on the stock stuff for now and plan the kit at a later time, as im only going back to 199 silver anyway matching shouldnt be a problem later

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/images/carsforsale/forumpics/96%20supra%20single2.jpg

My kit is from Ebay... and its about an inch to big on the top... and about half an inch to small by the lights... nothing a little bit of modifications cant fix... but then I brought cheap so I could fit it myself... I didnt expect it to fit ;).... its good advice here, Id listen to it unless u wanna spend ages fitting it like me.... :)