The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra will not run smooth / floods

wilkorangerover

from the other day , i played with the f con ecu and lamba sensor

and my supra to4r single turbo just wont run right

when it starts it idles like a dog then once its been stuffed with to much fuel it stops , then you have to wait a while before it will fire up again

seems to run at 12-1500 revs ok

when throttle applied it dosent like it

i keep cleaning my new plugs up (very black after its been running)

is there anything else i can check?? cheers

Edited by wilkorangerover (see edit history)

Still not booked in to a garage then ;)

You know from the AFR reading that it was way too rich on idle, did you fit a new O2 sensor now?

The over fuelling will be fouling the plugs and ths in turn will give a weaker spark and then it will miss/cut out, you need to get the car in for a diagnostic check and take it from there, in the mean time you could be causing damage if you keep running it with incorrect fuelling :)

i am only running it on the drive as i cant take it 200 miles at 1500-2000 revs lol

soon as its running again its going to be booked in at tdi north

spec

fresh import

to4r turbo

hks fcon gold ecu

i think sard 550`s (think)

stillway exhaust

TDI North, make sure you have PLENTY of money to hand then ;)

i am only running it on the drive as i cant take it 200 miles at 1500-2000 revs lol

soon as its running again its going to be booked in at tdi north

spec

fresh import

to4r turbo

hks fcon gold ecu

i think sard 550`s (think)

stillway exhaust

Why don't you trailer it, could be cheaper in the long run ;)

Once you have it 'running' how do you know it's set up correctly :rolleyes:

Dont book into TDI anywhere. When i went there, i left with a bill of about 15K and the car still wasnt right.

Get some help from members and TAKE ADVISE!

550's on a TO4r. Far too small!

ECU - speak to Ryan G and get some advise on that front.

What FPR have you got?

What intercooler?

Have you got one of those random extra injectors?

Manual or auto?

Have you had a leak down and pressure test done on the engine?

Good advice from Jon there :thumbs:

Personally I'd be wanting to dump that ECU and get something thats open to map. Then get Ryan to your door to map it. Simple and probably going to work out the most cost effective option in the long run.

I did the same with my old car. Ryan did a 1st class job.

What did Lui go for? He is still auto!

Thats a massive turbo for an autobox is it not?

I ran the T04R on the Autobox with AEM (Dan Turner map) it was running 1.5bar, it killed the box in the end, lasted a fair while though to be fair, a T04R will make high 500's at 1.5bar, you will need more then 550cc injectors though

What did Lui go for? He is still auto!

Thats a massive turbo for an autobox is it not?

Lui reused the EMU he had on from before, seems to be running perfectly.

Agree though, thats a big turbo to run on a stock box. Ryan had to keep the power down on Lui's T61 due to worries over the auto box.

I ran the T04R on the Autobox with AEM (Dan Turner map) it was running 1.5bar, it killed the box in the end, lasted a fair while though to be fair, a T04R will make high 500's at 1.5bar, you will need more then 550cc injectors though

when it was running 1.1 bar it was showing 42 % on the injector duty

Has it got an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator with a gauge? and is the vacuum pipe attached OK and is the pipe damaged/leaking? although it will have an impact on fuelling, i am inclined to think the wideband is faulty or its output to the Fcon is not correct.

The mapping itself should not be way out, unless the cold start/warm up settings way to rich, but from your previous descriptions it just seems to be too rich on closed loop, so the sensor is prime suspect.

when it was running 1.1 bar it was showing 42 % on the injector duty

In that case you have problems.

Maybe a boost leak or worse.... that makes no sense!

My T61 was running 90% @ 1.0 bar IIRC.

I would speak to a few traders and pm lots of members for advise (especially Homer) on which trader to take your car to.

I have been in a similar position to you and made the same mistake i hope you will now make.

You need someone with knowledge to do some basic checks on the car then new injectors, ecu, front mount and gear box cooler. After that a bit of mapping and you should be getting there.

You don't drive an un-mapped car anywhere, you take it by trailer to a rolling road and mapper of choice and start it there, with full diagnostics attached. Dumping neat fuel through an engine will glaze the bores, bugger the rings, dilute the oil and knacker the cams and cam and crank and little end bearings. The more times you try and mess with it the more damage you do. Just a minute or two of running crazy rich (wet plugs) will cause the same amount of wear as thousands and thousands of miles running correctly. If it's not buggered now it soon will be. You have picked an ecu with a very limited choice of mappers, both geographically and competence wise. I'd drain the oil, re fill, put new correct grade plugs in it, and trailer it to a mapper of repute at a none inertia type rolling road.