The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Sub, Amp & Head Unit Install

SupraTRD83

Well... my new sub, amp & head unit install is finally done :yahoo:

and to top tis off just drove to the girlfriends and it sounds amazing :D will be in the car as much as possible now. Put a picture below of the new head unit and put some others on with the looms to bypass the stock amp as there's a lot of questions on here regarding where to wire the autolead PC2-17-4.

Look Tracie the pupil has become the teacher :p

0_3.jpg

0_1.jpg

1_1.jpg

2_1.jpg

Great stuff:d

Can't tell you how happy I was when I put the battery connections back on and fired her up :D gave me goose bumps. My dad goes 'switch it on then lets see if it works' put it on with some nice 'trance episodes' on ;) he goes 'woo that sounds amazing the neighbours will love you again' :D

any pics?

Only the ones on the first post, getting the car cleaned tommorow then ill get some up. O there is 1 problem though, the bloody arial goes up when listening to CD's :lol: forgot to leave out the arial so the dash is off again tommorow to loose the arial :D sorted, then a nice clean and ill get some up

Well... my new sub, amp & head unit install is finally done :yahoo:

and to top tis off just drove to the girlfriends and it sounds amazing :D will be in the car as much as possible now. Put a picture below of the new head unit and put some others on with the looms to bypass the stock amp as there's a lot of questions on here regarding where to wire the autolead PC2-17-4.

Look Tracie the pupil has become the teacher :p

Exactly the same head unit as me- you obviously have great taste! :D

Hello

Can you tell me is it essential to disconnect the airbags before you remove the dash? I have a sony head unit ive been meaning to fit for ages but never got round to it. I am pretty shocking at anything electrical or mechanical and the thought of unplugging the airbag and the potential resulting problems makes me shudder.. All I want to do is a straight head unit swap at this point..

Hello

Can you tell me is it essential to disconnect the airbags before you remove the dash? I have a sony head unit ive been meaning to fit for ages but never got round to it. I am pretty shocking at anything electrical or mechanical and the thought of unplugging the airbag and the potential resulting problems makes me shudder.. All I want to do is a straight head unit swap at this point..

No but you will need autoleads for the swop to bypass the stock amp I have got one spare if you want it £9 delivered as there around £25-£30 from Halfrauds (halfords) ;) do through paypal and ill post that day. And as to your question to be honest I didnt unplug anything, did the first time but second time round I just unplugged the connectors that stopped me turning the dash enough to get to the head, then when I could turn it enough I held the dash against the handbrake to hold it out the way as I changed the units, job done!!