The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlights VS Rear Lights

Scott

Has anyone else noticed that the rear lights on the supra stay absolutely mint wheras the front's go cloudy and yellow?

I was putting on C-West covers yesterday and i couldn't get over the condition of the lenses on the rears compared to what my fronts were like before my re-furb. Is this a built in manufacturing ploy to sell headlights or is it simply the sunlight and flies causing the murky look to them?

Its as if they use a different grade of plastic for each.

Has anyone else noticed that the rear lights on the supra stay absolutely mint wheras the front's go cloudy and yellow?

I was putting on C-West covers yesterday and i couldn't get over the condition of the lenses on the rears compared to what my fronts were like before my re-furb. Is this a built in manufacturing ploy to sell headlights or is it simply the sunlight and flies causing the murky look to them?

Think its what you said, the headlights are exposed more to sun and fading/yellowing. Rears are fairly smoked to a degree aren't they.

Possibly cheaper plastic as well or different material to protect from stone chips etc.

Get glass headlights and all will be fine

Oh don't get me wrong, the lights i have on just now are crystal clear after i re-furbed them. I took the facelifts off of my car because i didn't want to mess around with then when doing my angel eye conversion. I got a spare set of good condition pre-facelifts and went from there.

It was just that i couldn't believe how mint the rears were and i haven't touched them.

Oh, the rears aren't smoked at all as far as i could see..... they are now though ;)

Get glass headlights and all will be fine

I might do this one day, i will be "hybridizing" them if i do though as i much prefer the facelift look.... also my car is a facelift so i don't want it to appear older than it is.