The mkiv Supra Owners Club

is it all down to us ??

natony

are we all devaluing the supra ?

over the last few weeks ive seen low mileage NA supra go for as little as £1200 which i think is ridiculous as the car can be broken for more than that and too me is worth much more.

is it all down to us though ? i'd say with the amount of members on here the members car must account for a large percentage of supras in the country but i constantly see threads saying oh thats too expensive or you wont get that for it also seeming to over exaggerate the whole credit crunch thing.

from looking around the price of service parts haven't gone down nor have repair panels and ive even noticed the price of aftermarket parts go up (probably due to the value of the pound being so low) so how can a complete car be worth less ?

ive always thought of the supra as being a bit of a legend and surely people should have to pay for the privilege.

It would need a massive effort by almost every owner in the country to raise the price. As long as there is a Supra with a low price then it will drag down the price of others. Unfortunatly for us there are too many people who will buy because the price is low rather than pay more for a car thats been well looked after.

I wont be selling mine for a stupidly low price thats for sure. If the time comes then I'll put it up for sale for what I think it's worth and not just the going rate. If I dont get any good offers then I wont sell it.

The price will rise eventually. Once all the sheds have broken down for good or been written off then that it will leave the cars that have been taken care of to command a top price.

It might be a few years away yet though :(

i wish the price would go up :( i bought my supra as a bit of a restoration project and i plan to keep it well in to being a classic.

my other complaint is that im not old (35) and when i bought my supra there was only one other in my area that i knew of but now that are about 5-6 new ones just appeared all driven by people that are that young they could be my kids :rolleyes:

i wish the price would go up :( i bought my supra as a bit of a restoration project and i plan to keep it well in to being a classic.

my other complaint is that im not old (35) and when i bought my supra there was only one other in my area that i knew of but now that are about 5-6 new ones just appeared all driven by people that are that young they could be my kids :rolleyes:

Well i didn't think i was old at 36 but after reading the how old are you thread i feel positively ancient:(

They all seem to be so young!

It's economics and (over) supply vs demand. Nothing more than that.

There's a huge number of these cars for sale so sellers are simply competing with each other to offer the most atractive sale.

It's sad to see the price of these cars drop to such a level that they are getting into the hands of undesirables ( ;) ) but then again some are 16 year old Toyota's with expensive insurance, poor fuel economy and high running costs. It's to be expected really.

Whats more shocking is the prices high end German cars have dropped in the last year, if you think losing a few £K on your supra is bad, it's almost nothing compared to many other sports car owners.

Whats more shocking is the prices high end German cars have dropped in the last year, if you think losing a few £K on your supra is bad, it's almost nothing compared to many other sports car owners.

Your right ther homer M3's have droppped 4-6k and mercs have lost a load, a guy down the road from me just picked up an sl55 amg (100k new) on a 04 plate for 19k. thats metal depreciation, at least it is all across the board, id hate to be a new discovery owner right now :D

Your right ther homer M3's have droppped 4-6k and mercs have lost a load, a guy down the road from me just picked up an sl55 amg (100k new) on a 04 plate for 19k. thats metal depreciation, at least it is all across the board, id hate to be a new discovery owner right now :D

Thats because car manufacturers make far too many cars every year and keep bringing out new models, updating everything all year round.

And then need financial help from us tax payers

Depreciation sucks and the current market makes it even harder. Private sale or through dealers.

A friend of mine bought a Cayman about a year ago and has just sold it for £11k less!

Also there's an Audi garage near me that's had an R8 on the forecourt for about 6 months. It started at £80k and has been dropped in price every month or so. It's finally gone and the last price I saw on it was £60k. I wonder what the buyer managed to negotiate off that as well!