The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone used these for track day cover?

ShamelessTT

I have been discussing track cover on pistonhead forums.

You really have to check ALL the wording throughly to see if you are actually covered for what you think you are.

Most of them are not worth the paper they are written on.

Egger Lawson aka competition car insurance are still the only place I know that do it, it's not like normal insurance though, you have to specify how much cover you want and what excess you are willing to pay. Even then it doesn't cover engine damage, but it does cover bodywork damage if you go off and clout a barrier or tyres or whatever. I've had to claim on it in the past and they paid up with no problems.

The link you posted only covers personal injury, not your car. Most (or even all) trackday insurance only covers damage to your car, not anyone else's. Make sure they make people sign a disclaimer to waive rights for compensation if you hit them.

try this: http://www.morispayment.co.uk/trackday_quick_cover.asp

pretty reasonable. I used them for my first track day, but don't bother now.