The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you think of lambo doors

SupraRider

haha!! lol, this picture just said it, it does kinda look embarrassing if you have a lambo in front of you and your door suddenly goes up where theirs go out! ok folks, no lambo doors for me! and yes quite chav I must say, should stay true to our supra roots.

agree?

is it any worth getting lambo doors for your supe? does anybody have an opinion? If you think its worth getting lambo doors, can you recommend a website for me please?

will be keen to know how much this will cost as well.

I think they are an utter waste of time.

You end up with shoddy looking doors that look like they belong on a different car, you have the extra weight for the fixings. the waste of money fitting them etc. etc.

Maybe once in a time they were considerd different and 'original', but after seeing some fitted on cars they tend to look VERY CHAVy and cheap.

Don't ruin a good Supra by fitting such 'doors'.

Think it looks ok on certain cars. Don't think it suits a supra tbh. Rx7 and nsx's yes as they are smaller profile sports cars and can get away with it (and somewhat look like they could've come with them as standard as they are rare cars - most people have never seen their doors open!).

You must remember the "Actually, I do feel a bit of a tit trying to get out of this car" thing, everywhere you go and everytime you park.

My advice then, if you must do this ridiculous, preposterous, embarassing and shameful thing - Always take two large brown paper bags. One for you and one for your Mrs.

Supra doors are long and heavy, every conversion I have seen the hinges have not been able to take the weight and turning force of the doors and have sagged. They also look sh*t IMO, spend your money on something worth while.

IMO they look very tacky and don't suit the supra at all, it's far too big to pull it off. There are heaps of better 'mods' that you could use your money on.

I hate a car trying to be something else (a lambo in this case) when the car itself is awsome as it is, it doesn't need to be anything different. :)

Don't like them personally, if you like them then go for it BUT I wouldn't want to be in a crash with retrofitted lambo doors...

Spot on. However much you like them, you're going to regret it if you're upside down with the car on fire or in water.

Why?????

They still open outwards enough

And all car doors are hard to open in water due to the pressure

so whats the difference????

Because your still increasing the chance the door might not open far enough, also the chance that the hinge might fail after a bump/crash.

Because your still increasing the chance the door might not open far enough, also the chance that the hinge might fail after a bump/crash.

The same can be said for normal doors.

if on a side impact the door gets caught on the wing it will be harder to open.

http://www.lsddoors.com/uk/

was taken from this website

http://www.profusioncustoms.com/services/lambo.html