The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto to manual conversion

Alex C

I'm a bit bored of my auto, good as it is and can't help thinking that the extra transmission loss dents the best efforts of BPU+

Whats the latest consensus on Auto to manual swaps (this would be UK spec auto to V160/161)...are we still talking upwards of £4K or can it be done for less now by more experienced traders?

I take it if you add up this list even from Nic or Whifbitz it comes to considerably more than that if new parts are used?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=48242&d=1165577462

Last time I looked into it the availability of the box was the biggest issue, then after that is was finding someone who could do the job (clutch, pedals, transmission tunnel changes etc).

I'm in two minds as I'd love to stick with my car after all the effort various owners have put into it cosmetically & with maintenance but I might be better selling up completely and BPUing a later model J-Spec 6 speed. Or buy an R33 GTR!

IF I sold, probably around the £8.5k region (devastating a loss as that is in 2 years). It certainly won't be one of the cheap autos you see for sale these days but you get what you pay for imo. I think the wheels are still £900 each without tyres at in demon Tweeks catalogue!

Still interested in what it would be to manual swap though...