The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi guys, looking for a tt6

Guest Koose

Guest Koose

Hey folks,

I joined a while back but then got posted to Scotland with limited net access. Looking for a TT6 but no very little about them. I have a few questions, not sure if this is the area to ask them?

But..(cheekily) :

I see some have buckety seats and some dont, option or what?

Is there a buyers guide on here?

I like the metallic blue and grey colours, were they only from a certain year?

Is there a guide/list somewhere of the differences between facelift and pre?

If i wanted a stock(ish) facelift TT6 with under 60,000 miles, what should i budget?

Many thanks

Mark

Awesome , cheers Rob. Looking at that, id be after a 95 onwards RZ i think.

If your looking for a facelift that would be 96 onwards :)

As for a stockish facelift TT with 6spd box and 60k i would say 12k if you want one quickly and 9-10k if your willing to bide your time and travel.

Guest Koose

Yeah thats about what i thought. COnsidering waitig to see if the currency sort themselves out and import one from Japa. Just got stung badly on the other halves JDM Civic Type R i brought over, ended up costing us 10,300!! Theyre going for about 9.5k here now!

I saw Shanes white one, albeit higher mileage than what i was after, but it wont let me PM him, or post on his thread.

Yeah thats about what i thought. COnsidering waitig to see if the currency sort themselves out and import one from Japa. Just got stung badly on the other halves JDM Civic Type R i brought over, ended up costing us 10,300!! Theyre going for about 9.5k here now!

I saw Shanes white one, albeit higher mileage than what i was after, but it wont let me PM him, or post on his thread.

I'm not sure, and i'm too lazy to look, but the mileage might not be as high as he has stated. The mileage on my car is 74k but if you take into account the fact that my car spent 6 years of its life in japan the mileage on my car would be far less.

Guest Koose
Welcome

What part of Scotland were you in with limited net access?

As said, speak to Jurgen if you want a fresh import

A shed on a hillside ;)

Although this may sound blunt, its an honest question: Bearing in mind ive imported a few cars myself from Japan, from a very reputable auction house, what benefits would i get having Jurgen do it? Im presuming he wont do it for free, so itll be more expensive wont it?

Mark

A shed on a hillside ;)

Although this may sound blunt, its an honest question: Bearing in mind ive imported a few cars myself from Japan, from a very reputable auction house, what benefits would i get having Jurgen do it? Im presuming he wont do it for free, so itll be more expensive wont it?

Mark

He knows people over there, the cars are all thoroughly checked before being bid on let alone shipped over. If you do this sort of thing yourself you take on the risk. I'm not sure what sort of responsibility Jurgen takes when the car is actually over here but you won't read of any complaints on the forum, that i know of anyway.

If you take this all on yourself it might work out great, it might work out terrible. I think he normally takes £500 for a quick cash sale with reasonable deposit, don't quote me on that though.