The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ShineAuto diffusers arrived (image intensive)

jevansio

After quite a lengthy wait a parcel turned up at work which I had been looking forward too for ages. 3 carbon fiber diffusers (Top Secret Style) made by ShineAuto.

Customs were a right PITA charging a massive £233 in VAT/Duty/Airport charges on an item which was marked as $300!!!! If this hadn't been split 3 ways that would have been a nasty bill at the end!

I hoped they hadn't been damaged in transit & thankfully they arrived in perfect condition.

Ken (of ShineAuto) may not have had the greatest of comms skills :D, but looking at these his handywork more than makes up for it. As long as they fit OK they will be perfect. The other side (the one you don't see) has a finish on I've never seen in other copies, even my Seibon lip was just rough fibreglass, these have a proper finish (as you will see from the photos).

The pictures show what you receive as part of the basic kit. Jurgen ordered the centre divertors & kevlar vortex genertors also (which aren't pictured as they are still wrapped & I didn't want to open them)

I hope Jamie & Jurgen enjoy the pics :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=90032&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90033&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90034&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90035&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90036&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90037&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90038&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90039&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90040&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90041&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90042&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90043&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90044&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90045&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90046&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90047&stc=1&d=1238184959

attachment.php?attachmentid=90048&stc=1&d=1238184959

Img_3202.jpg

Img_3203.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

Img_3206.jpg

Img_3207.jpg

Img_3208.jpg

Img_3209.jpg

Img_3210.jpg

Img_3212.jpg

Img_3213.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

That looks great mate:) Ken finally got back to me this week too:d I'm pleased I found out about the tax etc though before ordering. I asked him for a quote for dooor to door (still waiting to hear though:d) but I guesss the tax will still be the same. I will way up my options, it might just be easier to go with Paul to save the hassle of it all. We'll see. I've decided that I will be NA-TT as soon as an engine etc comes available so this may have to wait but I really want one.

Cant wait to see them on the cars Jay:)

Yep, that looks spot on mate. When you hoping to fit?

Cheers Alan, it isn't my highest priority job so probably when the car is back on the road & the weather picks up a bit, maybe a month?

looks well smart! when you say 3 you mean the parts or you bought 3 sets???

3, one for me, one for Jamie & one for Jurgen, I showed the 3 piece as there is some confusion about what you get in the basic kit (both with the copies & the original Top Secrets)

thats mint dude, nice purchase

Cheers matey :D

That looks great mate:) Ken finally got back to me this week too:d I'm pleased I found out about the tax etc though before ordering. I asked him for a quote for dooor to door (still waiting to hear though:d) but I guesss the tax will still be the same. I will way up my options, it might just be easier to go with Paul to save the hassle of it all. We'll see. I've decided that I will be NA-TT as soon as an engine etc comes available so this may have to wait but I really want one.

Cant wait to see them on the cars Jay:)

Yeah Adam, the extra bills were a right low blow, I wouldn't like to get stung with those if I were ordering alone.

Cheers matey :)

Yeah Adam, the extra bills were a right low blow, I wouldn't like to get stung with those if I were ordering alone.

Cheers matey :)

Just looked on ebay. The diffuser and vortex generators come in at about £420 plus £230 for shipping (or was that extra on top?) and tax looking at £650. Paul does the basic kit for just shy of that so I may go with that. Can you order the vortex generators at a later date and fit them? I assume so:)

yummey. i would post a larger reply but im rather drunk:)

Lol, enjoy

Hey bud, just missed your call, ill call you back tomorow.

No probs bud, I'll keep checking my phone as I'm working on the car all day, I'll call ya back if I miss your call

Just looked on ebay. The diffuser and vortex generators come in at about £420 plus £230 for shipping (or was that extra on top?) and tax looking at £650. Paul does the basic kit for just shy of that so I may go with that. Can you order the vortex generators at a later date and fit them? I assume so:)

If I were you I'd go with Paul, if you get hit with a £200 bill at the airport it will take the edge right off the purchase. Yip you can order either the centre divertors or the vortex genertors later & fit them later :)

If I were you I'd go with Paul, if you get hit with a £200 bill at the airport it will take the edge right off the purchase. Yip you can order either the centre divertors or the vortex genertors later & fit them later :)

Thanks agai for you're help on this mate. Paul has a pm winging its way over to him as we speek:d

now go get it fitted asap:)

very nice indeed. :thumbs:

look forward to seeing it fitted altho it will just make me want one. :D

Cheers matey :D

Great to see these have arrived, been looking forward to seeing them fitted :D

Yeah they've been a long time coming, I have a funny feeling Jamie will get his installed before me, he doesn't hang about getting kit on :D

If I wasn't a couple of hundred miles away I'd glady get up and help:)

:D, I think I'll have to rope a couple of my mates in as fitting it looks like it'll be easier with more than 1 person

Looks lovely, what was their reasoning for the massive bill??

Usually they charge £8 handling plus 15% vat.

According to Agility the couriers responsible this end:

VAT £58.08

Customs Duty £7.39

Airline Hhandling - Import £35

Customs Clearance £36

Delivery £56.41

Use of Agility Deferment £25

Airline Storage £16

According to Agility the couriers responsible this end:

VAT £58.08

Customs Duty £7.39

Airline Hhandling - Import £35