The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all

Guest chief

Guest chief

Hi all, just thought I might as well make myself heard!

Currently debating as to whether get a Supra at the moment or not. I have loved these cars since they were first launched.

At the minute I've got a VW Golf VR6 Highline that I'm debating either turbo'ing or just selling and getting a Supra/ something Japanese.

Hadn't really taken the Supra as a viable replacement, until being bored tonight lead me to run one through the Insurance quote thingy on the internet and I nearly fell off my chair with the price it's given me!

So thats me....well its not really - my names John and I'm 22, come from Wigan originally but live near to Southport at the minute for any Lancashire folk....there we go, thats a bit about me! :D:D

So yeah, hopefully, if everything goes accordingly, I may be hanging around here a bit more in the future! Gonna have a flick through the site see if I can pick up any useful info just in case I go shopping!

John.

Guest chief
Welcome from a fellow pie eater....;):D

H.

:thumbs: :thumbs: Nice to see I'm not alone then! Most people are like wheres that then?? :D

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, I gotta say, the FAQ and the PDF's are awesome. So thanks very much for answering my questions before I even wrote them down!

Nice to see a buyers guide as well that isn't just, check tyres, check oil, listen for squeaks... :blink:

I've been pricing up the turbo kit for my golf, and by the time I've added an Lsd, bigger brakes etc I'll be looking at well north of 10k and I really just can't justify it.

Think I'm going to spend the weekend trawling through websites etc. Think a UK Spec car is going to be out of my budget, so ideally I'm after an RZ TT, before having read the model guide I was adament I wanted a manual...not so sure any more!

Can anyone recommend a decent/ trustworthy importer? Obviously not big into the jap side of things at the minute and google presented some right random results! Heard one or two horror stories about one or two importers in the past and don't want to get rid of my Golf for something thats riddled with faults!

Cheers again,

John.

Welcome mate, I think you'd be making the right choice buying a supra instead of your golf, you won't regret it, don't rule out the auto box either, have a test drive, surprised me how good it was/is and I was convinced I wouldn't like anything other than the manual box having driven a few other automatic cars before.