The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bought a RSR exhaust off ebay and it doesn't fit (Pics)

CarlM

I bought a RSR exhaust off ebay last week and collected it and paid cash - £100

It was advertised for a mk4 supra - ebay advert is here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260378530852

Ive now taken it to 2 different mechanics i know and had my car up on the ramp trying to work it out and its definitely not for a mk4 supra, i was just wondering if anyone knew what car it was for from the pictures?

Ive tried to contact the seller but hes obviously ignoring my calls and messages so will open open a dispute on ebay, but it doesn't really solve my problem.

I was also wondering if anyone else here was watching it?

Any help appreciated, Carl.

its got a funny looking muffler on it, like an exhaust of a normal car (flat oval) instead of the cylindrical efforts that hks, blitz, apexi, etc offer in their exhausts.

Yeah i know, its part of their ExMag collection

Difficult because of the perspective of the photo, but it looks to me like its designed to be a cat replacement as well, IE it fits to the down pipe, could be wrong, how good are these "mechanics"?;)

Good! lol it doesn't line up to the first cat or the second, nor does it line up the brackets, it really doesn't fit! :(:(

Thanks for the replies, yeah he said it came off a supra so ill have to research into whether it came off a mk3, hopefully it was then i can make my money back. Its a really good exhaust so hopefully ill find out what car its for, the problem is i only paid £100 and it cost me £30 in fuel so trying to get a refund - getting him to pick it up and give me £100 isn't realistic.

Thanks again

Totally different tailpipe to my RSR in my garage ( pic. 10 ) :blink:

There's two main types of RSR exhaust, the ex-mag (which looks very similar to the one in this thread) and the Ex-mag GTII which most people here have, including yourself.

The ex-mag is the quiet one, the GTII the noisy one.

I couldn't find any sites listing the ex-mag for a supra, but from all the ones for other cars that were listed, none matched this one. Also, looking at the pic again, some of the the mounting brackets are in the wrong place, the tailpipe looks like it would stick out of the car about 8 inches!

There's two main types of RSR exhaust, the ex-mag (which looks very similar to the one in this thread) and the Ex-mag GTII which most people here have, including yourself.

The ex-mag is the quiet one, the GTII the noisy one.

I couldn't find any sites listing the ex-mag for a supra, but from all the ones for other cars that were listed, none matched this one. Also, looking at the pic again, some of the the mounting brackets are in the wrong place, the tailpipe looks like it would stick out of the car about 8 inches!

Thanks for having a look Homer, i noticed that the supra wasn't on the car listings either. Shame really because i would of been really happy with it. Yeah even if it did fit, your right about the brackets, it would stick out miles! The GTII is a different type yup. I shouldn't of bothered and should of known from the pictures but you live and learn.

I'm going to take the serial number from the exhaust which i've only just noticed and check it online if i can, if not ill email them all the details i can and hopefully they can match it up for me!

Ill let you know how i get on!

• 3 weeks later...