The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anybody bought their bodykits from Knight Racer

SupraRider

knight racer? and if so, what are your views in terms of fitment and quality of their kits? I was hoping to make a price comparison between them and others for a bomex front and side skirts, but I must say I quite like their top secret front bumper though...

Any advice appreciated!

THanks!

If we are talking just body parts then to be fair there not bad i had a few bits from them and the fit was pretty good, to be honest you are better off with genuine all the way the quality say on a genuine do luck front bumper and a replica are massive

Thats true. But not everyone has your kinds of cash to throw about ;)

There has to be some kind of trade off somewhere for what people are willing to pay.

Thats true. But not everyone has your kinds of cash to throw about ;)

There has to be some kind of trade off somewhere for what people are willing to pay.

pay your money take your chances mate i have made all this mistakes before i was always one of the replica can be as good crowed but it simply aint the case

sorry mate but if you were too see my new genuine do luck bumper you would agree,hey the bumper i removed is one i used to supply so this is not a anti KR posting its just facts

No mate, i can't understand that part of your post... not disagreeing with you :)

Genuine will always be a sure thing.

yes its just bodyparts I'm after, so i suppose I could go with them? thanks guys, I have been a victim of rogue traders as well so thats why I'm in here asking for advice and recommendation.

So thanks! i'll give knight racer a call. but if there are any other reliable traders you know, please inform me!

Thanks!

pay your money take your chances mate i have made all this mistakes before i was always one of the replica can be as good crowed but it simply aint the case

see every part of bodykit on my car is original people seem to think that original is expensive, but they do not think about the labour cost off a poorly replica

well Matt, I've just spoken to Joe at Knight Racer and discussed some price options and their delivery methods etc... he seemed quite a switched-on person and by the sounds of it, reliable as well. did me a good price on the top secret front bumper with bomex sides

all I need to do now is to source a reliable bodyshop who knows what they are doing!!!

• 6 years later...

Has anyone had anything off KR recently?

particularly Top Secret or Do Luck replica front bumper and Bomex or OEM (copy) sideskirts? and fitment accuracy / product quality.

There seems to be a lot of opposing views on them where people have had good and bad stuff from them. I spoke to Albert earlier by email and he reckons the Do Luck bumper is a great fit and they make them in house now, not outsourced?

Whiffbitz bumper copies and skirts are double the cost. £500 for sideskirts? are they super quality or overpriced/!?

Alternatively, does anyone know a UK source of genuine Top Secret or DoLuck bumpers etc?

thanks

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

Put it this way, like you I have heard very mixed things about Knigtracer, both on this forum and elsewhere.

I have never heard a bad word said about the Whifbitz bodykits.

I know Matt_rr is toying with the idea of selling his Top Secret type III front bumper if you don't mind a used one? I helped him remove it from his car a few weeks ago, and I personally think it is a genuine one.

Put it this way, like you I have heard very mixed things about Knigtracer, both on this forum and elsewhere.

I have never heard a bad word said about the Whifbitz bodykits.

I know Matt_rr is toying with the idea of selling his Top Secret type III front bumper if you don't mind a used one? I helped him remove it from his car a few weeks ago, and I personally think it is a genuine one.

Thanks. Yes please ask him to pm me or I will contact him.

Whifbitz is reserve option but I would rather pay a bit more and get genuine if I could even find anywhere that sells them!!!

Big Supes- Thanks for the heads up... was that recently?? cheers

I have just brought from Knightracer after the dispute with GRAMS.

They claim 100% perfect fitment but my bodyshop at the moment disagrees. Apparently the kit did take quite a lot of work to fit, but I cannot fault the quality, very strong when compared to the crap I had from GRAMS.

I had a doluck front from KR last year (I think it was) that was from their own stock, made in house. After all the bad experiences on here I said I would never use them, but after seeing all their great products for the likes of the GTR etc and all the good feedback, I decided to take one for the tem and go for it, hoping things had changed.

My experience in a nutshell:

Ordered the bumper, turned up 2 days later - GREAT

Then it went rapidly downhill. When I opened it:

Damaged in 3 places

Some of the fibreglass was so thin you could see light coming through

Was not supplied in gel coat "ready to paint" as advertised

Was not a finished product (lots of rough points, like it had just been pulled out the mould, packaged and shipped)

No mounting points on the bumper (you would have to drill all the holes etc yourself)

Fitment was horrendous (100% fitment guaranteed apparently)

However, to be fair to KR customer service was great. After a quick phonecall they agreed a full refund incl. postage costs and arranged a courier to collect it and take it back. Albert was very apologetic and seemed genuinely annoyed that it was not a good product. He really wanted to make it better and send me a replacement, but after speaking to KaanW I got a new one from the same company he did, which was better in every way. Perfect finish, mesh included, mounting points all there, and fitment was as good as you are going to get. Yes it still needed a little work around the lights, but they will never be perfect being moulded copies.

KR do some great products. Ther GTR guys love them. Unfortunately for me, that one bad product has caused me to not want to use them again.

My experience was very bad I'm afraid. Bought a sideskirt from them a couple of years ago and it was so bad that the bodyshop just could do nothing with it. KR refused to refund so it just went in the skip. Total waste of time and money. Tat kit and poor customer service.