The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Its all gone horribly wrong

jassi_hayre

Not sure how this happened but you may recall from posts back around November that I was looking to strip my NA for track use and buy another car (something other than a supra) as daily driver. I'd been saving up for three years and had a healthy budget of approx £15k.

Well we decided to move so I thought ok I'll use max £3k from budget and build it up again over next 3 - 4 months. After moving we needed to modernise so I thought ok I'll use another £2k max.

Just been through all the receipts etc and can't believe I only have £3k left[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

First time in many a year I genuinely feel like crying[sAD][/sAD]

Is there anything fast (faster than an NA) and reliable that can be had for this little money?

TIA

Jas

A bit different, but i own and ride supersport bikes, have onwed Jag XKR 4.2, BMw M5 etc. The suprise speed machines for me are;

Volvo C70 (even S70 if you need 4 doors) T5's, ideally with the 240bhp engines. Also there is SAAB 95 2.3 Hot Aeros.... Your budget will get a relatively newish/modern car with FSH and sensible miles with ease. They are super cruisers, with masses of effortless grunt and great fuel economy but soft in the handling department, non the less, I love my C70 T5 to bits.

Edited by DSK (see edit history)

your sad cos you have spent 12k towards a brand new house and you STILL have 3k for pocket money for a fun daily driver.. your mad dude :)

Id give my right nut to have been able to have done the same! :)

There are absolutely tons of awesome cars you can pick up for that sort of cash, I would deffo be thinking MR2 Turbo or 180sx Turbo personally, There both amazingly quick and tons of fun! :)

Chin up dude, am sure you can find an awesome motor! :)

old s13 200sx, cheap as you like with plenty of bits available. When you get tired of 1.8ltr turbos you can use a sr20 and when you get tired of 4cylinders you can put an rb25 or if your pockets are deeper by then, an rb26(after you fix the rust and the diff obvioulsy:)). Mr2 turbo's are stupidly quick aswell so would also be top on my imaginary list.