The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from west yorkshire.

oliver

Well I thought I best introduce myself.

I am Oliver age 22 from Bradford I currently own a yaris T-Sport but am looking to buy a UK spec supra twin turbo later on this year.

I know it is a big jump from the 1.5 litre I have but my friend has been letting me drive his skyline GTS around so I know what to expect from a RWD car!

I am also going to take some lessons in a RWD car with an instructor before I buy my supra!

I am in the British army so at 22 with 4 years no claims my insurance quote was only £1400 (I didn’t think that was bad).

I have been reading up on the UK spec and jap import and I know the UK spec has more BHP than the import and a friend told me the build quality (specially the turbo’s) is better so I was just wondering if you guys/girls could push me in the right direction to buying a supra!

Thanks in advance

Oli :)

Edited by oliver (see edit history)

Welcome

Good idea to take lessons just in case, thats very responsible of you, but bear in mind that driving at instructor type speeds wont be challenging.

Insurance is always a nightmare for young lads so your not alone, theres loads on here paying just as much.

TT UK or TT Jspec are almost the same, turbos are biggest difference i think, but theres not much in it, power wise, remember that Toyota japan are only allowed to make cars up to 280BHP so thats what they claimed was the power output. Actually it was much near to that of the uk tt AT 321bhp.

Good luck with buying one. Its best to buy one from on here as they have generally been looked after and you get to know the history.

Hey and welcome along. You sound like you have considered all your bases and are aproaching things in a very sensible manor!

Best of luck in the hunt for your dream Supra, and on a sidenote it may be worth paying the £10 membership to the club so you can keep an eye on what becomes available in the for sale section on here. :)

HI Oli.

Where abouts in Bradford?

As for the Yaris.... please dont tell me you are the white Yaris with huge red mud flaps....

Well done for posting in full sentences with excellent grammer by the way.... you should fit in nicely here!

Hi oli welcome!!

Look you even got a gold star for your typing!!:D but

marbleapple i thought it was grammar!! not grammer!

Thank you for the welcome guys.

Supra-Brett- I see what you mean about the instructor speed maybe I will need to go a bit faster than 30mph but my friend (skyline) goes on track days so I hope to bob along and try get a few laps with a bit of speed as I will have a helmet and protective clothing on, still don’t plan on going too fast maybe a little tickle into the boost though lol!

Marbleapple- I am from Birkenshaw, and no I have a thunder grey one but it is really loud so I am sure u will have at least seen me if not heard me!:p

I would post a picture but not sure if is against sight rules.

And thank you for the grammar remark, first impressions are important.

3LL-I do plan on paying the £10 as soon as possible but as I am not very good on computers I do not have pay pal or anything, but if I could get the moderators address maybe I could post him the money (if possible)?

Jimb0b1- I will have a look at the meet location and time of the meet and will try my best to make it, not expecting anyone to take me out, but would be a bonus and would appreciate it.:)

Marbleapple- I am from Birkenshaw, and no I have a thunder grey one but it is really loud so I am sure u will have at least seen me if not heard me!:p

Hi there, I'm from Halifax originally, been through Birkenshaw a number of times in my life, my dad was a fireman and spent numerous days at the training center there.

I would post a picture but not sure if is against sight rules.

And thank you for the grammar remark, first impressions are important.

No problem with posting pictures

3LL-I do plan on paying the £10 as soon as possible but as I am not very good on computers I do not have pay pal or anything, but if I could get the moderators address maybe I could post him the money (if possible)?

The best solution for you would be to pay directly into the club account at a bank. The details are in the membership FAQs

Mike

Edited by Pixelfill
added link to payment options (see edit history)

Thank you for the advice on paying I will be doing it as soon ass possible.

I live just up the road from the fire station so I may have seen you about, I know there was a white supra with white wheels that lived in Birkenshaw if it was anyone off the forum?

So here are a few pic’s of my yaris.

Cant seem to get my pictures up? i use photo bucket on the yaris forum.

HTML code?

IMG code?

Thank you for the advice on paying I will be doing it as soon ass possible.

I live just up the road from the fire station so I may have seen you about, I know there was a white supra with white wheels that lived in Birkenshaw if it was anyone off the forum?

So here are a few pic’s of my yaris.

Cant seem to get my pictures up? i use photo bucket on the yaris forum.

HTML code?

IMG code?

(IMG) linky to piccy (/IMG)

swap the ( for a [ and the ) for a ]

Mike

Thank you for the compliment on the yaris I haven’t really done that much to it just had the standard wheels sprayed black, booster lip on the front (bought off a silver car hence the colour), sun strip, sports cat and full exhaust and a sound system two 12” subs and head unit!

I am a firm believer that less is more and if a car already looks nice then why change anything, so I have high hopes for my supra.:)

And mud flaps are a NO NO lol

I have lost some really close friends to car accidents, as have a lot of you looking at some fatalities of club members on here, always sad to see (RIP), so I think going about things in the right manner is a small price to pay for my own safety.

Hi Oli - I'm in Bradford, too. I'm waiting for my ideal Supra to come up at all, let along at the right price. I may have to relax my set of criteria :)

I hope you can find one you like ;)

Hi Oli - I'm in Bradford, too. I'm waiting for my ideal Supra to come up at all, let along at the right price. I may have to relax my set of criteria :)

I hope you can find one you like ;)

Are you in the centre of Bradford?

Have you seen the WRS import place in Bradford?

I have seen a lot of jap imports on piston heads, I am looking to get a UK spec twin turbo but they are hard to get hold of it seems.

Can anyone tell me the downfall of getting a jap import supra as there are quite a few nice white ones on piston heads that I like, I plan on spending around the 10k mark but want one with a few mods done (Body kit, alloys, Suspension)

And I think I read on Wikipedia that I would have to get the import sealed underneath, I am guessing due to the salt on our roads?

And I would have to run the import on V power?

Are you in the centre of Bradford?

Have you seen the WRS import place in Bradford?

I have seen a lot of jap imports on piston heads, I am looking to get a UK spec twin turbo but they are hard to get hold of it seems.

Can anyone tell me the downfall of getting a jap import supra as there are quite a few nice white ones on piston heads that I like, I plan on spending around the 10k mark but want one with a few mods done (Body kit, alloys, Suspension)

And I think I read on Wikipedia that I would have to get the import sealed underneath, I am guessing due to the salt on our roads?

And I would have to run the import on V power?

You have to be careful in Bradford (esp Keighley) since there are a lot of dodgy companies that import not very good cars. Look on the forums here.

I have seen this on piston heads and I really like it, it is exactly what I am looking for.

Just wondering peoples opinions on this supra, and if anyone knows of the import place WRC? (reliability)

And if the price sounds about right?

Thanks

oli

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/880521.htm

I have seen this on piston heads and I really like it, it is exactly what I am looking for.

Just wondering peoples opinions on this supra, and if anyone knows of the import place WRC? (reliability)

And if the price sounds about right?

Thanks

oli

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/880521.htm

You would do better by talking to Jurgen on the forums here. he imports and is very well respected. If you have the money you can't go wrong with him.

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/