The mkiv Supra Owners Club

this look like a good supra?

Guest steviedude100

Guest steviedude100

yer i no i will want a TT or single turbo but im 20 at the moment so insurance costs will more than likely ruin any chance of them two....if i go look at this supra is any one local to the place that knows a thing or two about them...would they want to come with me :)

yer i no i will want a TT or single turbo but im 20 at the moment so insurance costs will more than likely ruin any chance of them two....if i go look at this supra is any one local to the place that knows a thing or two about them...would they want to come with me :)

Very little difference in insurance between NA and TT buddy, do some quotes before you sell yourself.

I'd be happy to go have a look at it for you, with the amount that's gone wrong with mine I know what to look out for on the N/A's :)

EDIT: I'm usually in Leeds most weekends, so can go with you on a weekend.

Guest steviedude100
I'd be happy to go have a look at it for you, with the amount that's gone wrong with mine I know what to look out for on the N/A's :)

EDIT: I'm usually in Leeds most weekends, so can go with you on a weekend.

dude if you would that would be amazin...i have no idea when it comes to supra's as im going from a 1.8 corsa sri to a supra LOL

very little difference in insurance between NA and TT buddy, do some quotes before you sell yourself.

when you say there is little difference do you mean performance or insurance wise? because i had a few people tell me the N/A would be the route to go as im young :)

It looks nice enough for an n/a, and the LPG conversion will be a bonus when it comes to fuel costs. Remember with an n/a you may well be hankering after more power sooner or later, and for a few K more you could get a decent TT.

nice wee 6 speed in there for a convert tho :p

dude if you would that would be amazin...i have no idea when it comes to supra's as im going from a 1.8 corsa sri to a supra LOL

when you say there is little difference do you mean performance or insurance wise? because i had a few people tell me the N/A would be the route to go as im young :)

Quite a large difference in performance, very little difference in insurance.

May be a good idea to get an N/A though, the turbo could easily catch you out. Get a year or so under your belt with driving the N/A and then go for a TT transplant.

Looks like nice car for the money. Best to get someone who knows these cars well to check it out for you (I.e. Marc P, nice one fella)

The performance difference between the TT and NA is substantial, but if you're new to RWD the NA is a good place to start. However a huge amount of this choice should be based on your maturity and general attitude to driving on public roads rather than your age or experience. Out of interest, what's your age?

The areas where they are the same is insurance and fuel economy (the NA tends to cost more to insure, but has slightly better fuel consumption)

Guest steviedude100
nice wee 6 speed in there for a convert tho :p

can you convert the 6 speed? to a TT or a single turbo?

I free pretty much any weekend, so just let us know

only problem now is that i have got to source insurance and sell my car...otherwise i would be up there checking it out now :), but if your good to come view it with me that will be a massive bonus as i have already stated i have no idea what to look for ....:( im such a noob

Looks a real tidy car, and the bonus of a 6speed, like the way the guy says in the advert selling for a family car, a maserrati, whats wrong with a passat lol

obviously has too much money!

Quite a large difference in performance, very little difference in insurance.

May be a good idea to get an N/A though, the turbo could easily catch you out. Get a year or so under your belt with driving the N/A and then go for a TT transplant.

so are all supra engines the same? is so would i not be better going for a single turbo on it as they are better?

Looks like nice car for the money. Best to get someone who knows these cars well to check it out for you (I.e. Marc P, nice one fella)

The performance difference between the TT and NA is substantial, but if you're new to RWD the NA is a good place to start. However a huge amount of this choice should be based on your maturity and general attitude to driving on public roads rather than your age or experience. Out of interest, what's your age?

The areas where they are the same is insurance and fuel economy (the NA tends to cost more to insure, but has slightly better fuel consumption)

well im 20 years old...been driving nearly three years and i have got 2 years named drivers discount and im almost at my first full no claims discount lol (bit pathetic but i have to start somewhere). as most lads would say " i think im a good driver, in all honesty i think i am, im very alert and have a good attitude!"

to be honest if i can get a really tidy supra i dont mind if it is a TT or N/A as i just want something that is reliable and has the super sexy looks as the supra does :)

Please go and buy it, or at least report back that its dodgy. I keep looking at this car, and it looks really nice, and well looked after. The only thing holding me back is the fact i allready have a supra.

well give me your supra and you can buy that one....8-) ha ha only joking, if i can get rid of my car and get insurance i will be up in leeds in the morning mate :)

again thanks for all comments you guys really are a great help :)

can you convert the 6 speed? to a TT or a single turbo?

so are all supra engines the same? is so would i not be better going for a single turbo on it as they are better?

Yes, 6 speed is excellent for a TT conversion. Its much stronger than the normal N/A 5 speed box.

You could single turbo an N/A engine, but its generally accepted on here that its vcheaper and less hassle to drop a TT engine in. You could single turbo a TT to get big power but thats an expensive route too.

N/A and TT engines are roughly the same (waits to be corrected). Both are reliable, and strong and overengineerd so are capable of mods and increased power without problems.

Please go and buy it, or at least report back that its dodgy. I keep looking at this car, and it looks really nice, and well looked after. The only thing holding me back is the fact i allready have a supra.

:D me too and i have the exact same model! ...............was on ebay for weeks........