The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus/TTE wheel refurb

SimonB

I need to get my Lexus wheels refurbished - they have corroded quite badly where water has obviously got under the lacquer. They are the diamond cut ones with gunmetal inner bits. I've found a thread from several years ago where Michael had his done by a place near York I think it was, but that was a) ages ago and b) miles away from me here on the south coast. Has anyone had any refurbed recently? Anyone know of a place down south that will do them? Wheel refurbs seem very hit and miss!

Agreed, Pristine did mine. Had to take 2 of them back 6 months later as they started to go ever so slightly milky again under the lacquer. Don't think its the fault of the workmanship, just the nature of the finish. 6 month warrranty period with Pristine.

Thanks guys. Luckily I have the standard wheels I can swap on while they are being done. I'll give Pristine a call. How much did they charge?

I had a price of £77.05 (incl. VAT) quoted per wheel, with up to £15 of repair to each, so around £92 each at most, but it would definitely be worthwhile IMO. Mine are going there on wednesday this week. :)

I had a price of £77.05 (incl. VAT) quoted per wheel, with up to £15 of repair to each, so around £92 each at most, but it would definitely be worthwhile IMO. Mine are going there on wednesday this week. :)

That's not too bad at all with free carriage too. Post up some pics of the results, would be good to see!

That's not too bad at all with free carriage too. Post up some pics of the results, would be good to see!

It was the free carriage that's swung it for me, as it would be very fiddly to sort out otherwise.

If you phone them on the morning you want them collected, they come that day to collect and then return them on average around 4 days later. Excellent service IMO.

I will post photos for sure, as any excuse to do so, is my motto! :)

I'm having the faces re-cut, and the recesses, logos etc done in black, just to update them, and bring out a contrast which I think is the only thing missing IMO.

EDIT: Plus I assume they are insured for the transit of them, so any damage would be at their cost. I'd hope. :)

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

It was the free carriage that's swung it for me, as it would be very fiddly to sort out otherwise.

If you phone them on the morning you want them collected, they come that day to collect and then return them on average around 4 days later. Excellent service IMO.

I will post photos for sure, as any excuse to do so, is my motto! :)

I'm having the faces re-cut, and the recesses, logos etc done in black, just to update them, and bring out a contrast which I think is the only thing missing IMO.

EDIT: Plus I assume they are insured for the transit of them, so any damage would be at their cost. I'd hope. :)

I wonder if they would do a free carriage from Glasgow :innocent:

When you say logos, do you mean on the centre caps? They could not do the centre caps for me so I landed up buying the TTE ones.

When you say logos, do you mean on the centre caps? They could not do the centre caps for me so I landed up buying the TTE ones.

I have the TTE centre caps already, but if they can't do those, then that won't really be a problem, as I'd thought they'd look black because of the recesses being so dark. Hopefully! ;)

rough guess between £500 -£800 depending on condition .

i paid £950 for mine fronts were new rears very good with used toyos on them and that was ages ago.

right place at the right time sort of scenario

Thanks - Im really undecided what to do with them , they need a re-furb due mainly to corrosion but trying to find someone up north that can do them to a high standard is proving tricky .

I have no idea, but I'm hoping that in tip top condition they could eventually be worth more than the car! ;)

I'm getting mine back tomorrow, so will hopefully be able to post some pics if I get the chance. I can't wait! :)

Looking forward to seeing how good they have come out :)

Bugger. They failed the quality control checks, and have to be redone. I'll get them on wednesday instead.

At least they check them first, but its a bit irritating.

Atleast they didn't come back and say they couldnt be done mate, big problem with them flat spotting and then they cant be put on the lathe apparantly. Sounds like they will be perfect :)