The mkiv Supra Owners Club

im new and i want a supra!!!

Guest steviedude100

Guest steviedude100

hey guys and girls....just got back from the fast show and i have fallen in love with supra's and basically i really want one...

i currently drive a 1.8 sri corsa but after owning two corsa C's for the last 3 years im bored and want something more sexy like a supra!!!!!

so let me no anything and everything i need to know as i no nothing about supra's apart from RWD, NA single and twin turbo LOL

and also what do you think the chances that a 20 year old lad can get insured?

Hi and welcome,

I would go for the n/a manual as your only 20 you will find it hard to get cover on a TT, your better starting with a little less power as well if your jumping out off a hairdryer into a TT you could kill your self ;) Stick with a manual as well bud.. Autos are good but manual better :)..

Guest steviedude100

well i can get 5k for my corsa soo that and what ever i want to add on top...i dont think i will be able to afford to insure a turbo'd supra :(

are they all the same engine just with a turbo on it? if so can you convert one to make it a turbo...? because i could buy a NA and then year or two later turbo it....wow i really am a nOOb when it comes to supra's lol

Guest steviedude100
Hi and welcome,

I would go for the n/a manual as your only 20 you will find it hard to get cover on a TT, your better starting with a little less power as well if your jumping out off a hairdryer into a TT you could kill your self ;) Stick with a manual as well bud.. Autos are good but manual better :)..

i would never have a auto wheres the fun in driving auto pilot.....

my tip to you, start low down, NA!

trust me the jump from a corsa to a supra is huge! if you never driven a rwd car i suggest you get lessons. As for insurance, UK spec theres a fair chance but imports are bit more costly, trust me i know!

I was insured on a NA at 20 cost was about £1500

A TT ironically will be roughly same cost to insure as an NA. Good luck in your search.

wish mine cost that much, suppose its down to where you live and where its stored at night

Guest steviedude100
I was insured on a NA at 20 cost was about £1500

A TT ironically will be roughly same cost to insure as an NA. Good luck in your search.

makes my £1200 corsa insurance sound a waste of money....

my tip to you, start low down, NA!

trust me the jump from a corsa to a supra is huge! if you never driven a rwd car i suggest you get lessons. As for insurance, UK spec theres a fair chance but imports are bit more costly, trust me i know!

ive driven seat leon cupra R (turbo :)) and i have had a play in a rwd pick up truck sooo i got some sort of an idea!

just combine the two and i should be ok...:\

ok now my search for a supra....:)

lol er a cupra R and a rwd truck aint going to give you an idea of how much of a bitch the supra is to drive and when its wet its a joke :) i have done a few 180 turns in wet when i first got my TT the RWD is good but you really got to no how to take them round the bends as a little to much right foot on a bend and its over or if you hit a greasy patch from even due off the trees when giving it some its over again :) dont jump in a supra and give it the beans just work your self in slowly :)

Edited by j1mb0b1 (see edit history)

makes my £1200 corsa insurance sound a waste of money....

ive driven seat leon cupra R (turbo :)) and i have had a play in a rwd pick up truck sooo i got some sort of an idea!

just combine the two and i should be ok...:\

ok now my search for a supra....:)

Errr not quite, these little front wheel drives can be driven hard by almost anyone.

Maybe you can arrange to meet a local member who will take you out for a quick spin just to give a closer idea before you end up becoming another member who has died :rolleyes:

take the advice of the people on here (well most :D) we have seen too many members pass away in the last few years and dont want to see any more

Guest steviedude100
lol er a cupra R and a rwd truck aint going to give you an idea of how much of a bitch the supra is to drive and when its wet its a joke :) i have done a few 180 turns in wet when i first got my TT the RWD is good but you really got to no how to take them round the beds as a little to much right foot on a bend and its over or if you hit a greasy patch from even due off the trees when giving it some its over again :) dont jump in a supra and give it the beans just work your self in slowly :)

yer i understand mate...i wouldnt trash a lovely looking car....:)

ive just read through the what to look out for guide...superb guide already printed it off LOL, what do you think i should look to spend on a NA? turbo and then a twin turbo...what is the realistic price of those?

first the single turbo has more power and costs more than the Twin turbo,

for a 5 speed n/a manual you want to be looking at spending 3-4K 6 speed tt manual 6-9K single 13k++++ :)

i would like a single one day hehe may drop one in mine or just buy one :)

Welcome. I would say get an n/a first, your only 20. You will give it some every time you drive it, even if you say you won't. As for single don't even think about it, plus you'll never insure one.

TT if you must and can afford to, but listen to what people have said about being carefull.

Oh and don't be ut of by the auto until you have driven one, they really are very good.

Guest steviedude100

so members have died in supra's sorry to hear that, but i suppose there is a serious amount of power there...as for the turbo'd versions i didnt realise the single is more powerful that the twin :|....

is there any mint OEM NA's floating around for a good price?

Guest steviedude100
welcome!

I was insured on my Supra Twin Turbo 6 Speed at the ripe old age of 19 im sure it was 19 anyway.

But look for insurance with a classic car policy

Lancaster is a good start

does the supra go down as a classic now? even better LOL ....just tried direct line...(who i am currently insured with) they jsut said unable to quote and that was on a NA on M plate :(

Guest steviedude100
Are you trying online?

I had to call most places to get quotes.

yer was online... just tried direct line as im currently with them....

any one fancy swapping a supra for a 1.8 irmscher corsa sri ? :p